CHAPTER 20: WITNESS

Start from the beginning

'Your safety--'

'Is only detrimental because it's your vessel. You'd rather I be enshrouded with chaos and unrest.' Sighing out, she hears a sharp snapping noise from in front of her, causing her to flinch.

With a hand in front of her face, Amelia crosses her arms. "That took a while. How are you?" Tapping her shoulder, the detective bore into her eyes, swimming in them for answers. "You seem... spacey."

"Just... tired." A yawn breaks from her lips, interrupting them suddenly. "I think I need to get an early night. It's been an eventful week." Shrugging, she starts to head off when a small palm wraps around her wrist.

"Hold on there sailor," Gura stops her in her tracks with a tiny tug, "I wanted to ask you something."

Ina's eyes widened. She didn't expect Gura to be so forward. She at least thought she'd bring it up in private. Was she really going to bring this up in front of Amelia?

"It's been a long week so I wanted to know if you wanted to hang out tomorrow on the weekend if you're free?" Turning around, she grabs Amelia's arm and pulls her towards Ina, "Ame will be there!"

With a surprised scoff, Ina's lips curls into a smile teasingly, "I don't really wanna intrude on your date, I mean, have you ever gone on a date before?" She chuckles, looking at the duo.

"We have! I just-- Look, if you're gonna be a sucker about Gura and I dating, just bring your own da-" Amelia is quickly shut up by Gura with a quick swat to her shoulder. "Ow what was that--"

"It's okay, Ina. No need to do any of that! Just hang out with us!"

Twiddling with her thumbs, Ina thinks about the past few days. She taps her hands, blinking slowly, "Okay sure. Where to?"

Gura smiles, jumping up, "There's a sweets festival happening here soon! We can go together!"

"Alright, so the three of us," with a small smile, Ina looks down to her feet with an excited gleam in her eye, "I can't wait!"

...

"Calli...?" With a gaping mouth, Ina watches from around a corner as she stares at the tall reaper idly waiting at their meeting spot. She taps her chin, thoughtfully, "What is she doing here? Is she here for the festival?" Ina stares more, intensifying her look so much that Calli seemed to catch a shiver.

The first thing to notice was Calli's tied up hair, held up high with purple scrunchie, revealing what seemed to be an undercut. Calli donned a jet black leather jacket, slightly worn by the looks of it. Its shoulders held a luxurious pattern, criss crossing over each other. Her shirt was white with a vividly coloured graphic on the front of it. Her long legs were accentuated by her skinny blue jeans which held her high.

With her height and cool attire, she was a landmark for others to gawk at. A model posed and ready for a camera.

And Ina was lucky enough to see it herself.

"Yo, stalker!" A friendly nudge hits Ina's shoulder as a small shark girl approaches her from behind, "What'cha lookin' at?" She peeks around Ina, noticing the tall reaper impatiently tapping her foot. "Oh, it's Calli! Hi Ca--"

Before Gura could get her attention, Ina hastily gets a hold of the small shark girl pulling her away from Calli's line of sight.,"Don't disturb her! Maybe she's busy! What she's on a d-date! Those clothes are not messing around!" Embarrassedly, Ina gestures around as she rationalises Calli's sudden presence there.

"Relax Ina," she taps her shoulders, shaking her slightly, "She's with us!"

"Huh--?" Ina is cut short as Amelia makes her entrance, waving at Calli as she bounces up to her. "You... you didn't say--"