Will there be dragons?

Start from the beginning

///

Harry sighed as he closed the book in front of him. He had noticed something since returning home from the summer, his magic was acting out, yet the research he had done and pointed out no obvious cause.

"What is wrong little love?" Marvolo asked from where he was sitting, he was going through the recent laws passed by the Wizengamot. Seeing who voted for what and where certain families fell.

"I feel as though I am loosing control," he admitted to his mate.

"Control of what?"

"My magic, since the incident with Ginny it's been lashing out. I must fight to keep it contained at times."

Marvolo hummed, "I have a theory," he eventually said.

Harry turned to face him fully, waving a hand as though to say continue.

"Your magic is maturing," Marvolo said, "even though you returned with your original core unblocked, you are in a body that is currently going through puberty..."

Hearing this Harry was grateful for his occulmency shields, as hearing his soulmate talk about his body's changes in such a casual way made him want to blush.

"...your magic is likewise developing. That it is difficult to contain is a testament to your magical strength. I went through something similar myself when I was your age."

"So, my magic is going through a teenage rebellion because my body is hormonal?"

Marvolo rolled his eyes at his mate, smirking softly, "I suppose that's an apt summary."

"I didn't notice anything like this last time," Harry mused.

"With how many blocks and potions you had on you, I'm not surprised. Your magic was severely handicapped in your last life."

"How long will this last?" he asked, a slight whine to his voice.

Marvolo chuckled, "it should settle down with your hormones."

"So never?"

Chucking even more, Marvolo stood and made his way to his little ravens' side, sitting beside him and carefully pulling him into his arms.

"You will always have to make more effort than the average wizard to control your magic as your core is larger than most. Also, the fact that you practice Darker magic's, which are by their nature more difficult to control, means you must ensure you control your magic and not the other way around."

"that's what happened to Bellatrix isn't it?" Harry asked, snuggling into his mates embrace, relishing in the feeling of their magic's mingling.

Marvolo hummed, Bellatrix suffered from the Black madness, which was in reality magic sickness, due to their Dark arts obsession and inbreeding the Blacks very family magic was unstable. It didn't cause a problem for most, but when it did it was usually extreme. Bellatrix and Wallburga being great examples. Bellatrix's case made even worse due to her obsession with the Dark arts, by practicing them from a young age without censure or control, she caused herself irreparable damage. She could function in society but mentally her capacity was limited.

"It is."

Harry nodded, wondering if that was why Marvolo was so strict in their duelling lessons, so he asked... while Marvolo would teach Harry spells and tricks, and allow him to practice them, he didn't limit what he taught to just Dark arts, no Marvolo was teaching him everything. He was however restrictive on how much Harry could practice certain spells.

"It is. Bellatrix, although growing up in a Dark family who knew the risks, was naturally weak to the damages that the Dark arts pose, so she was damaged by them. I however never had somebody to teach me, therefor I fell hard and fast into the Dark arts and caused damage to myself. I don't wish for you to suffer like we did, eventually you will not need such restrictions but until your core is fully developed, I will continue to be strict."