One Shot

"When did you start liking him? Why did you fall so hard for him? I wonder if I can answer those questions like this. Maybe it's been a lot longer than I realised. Maybe it all started when that trembling wildflower met a fence and was comforted by a small, round candy. I think that's when I fell in love with you."

As Young Do turned around to face Da Jung again, a moment of deep realisation washed over them both. Ecstatic and in disbelief, Da Jung looked into the eyes of the man she loves standing before her. "I love you" Young Do uttered in his trademark soothing voice, his beautiful, dark brown eyes glowing ardently, the words she longed to hear. Tears welled up in Da Jung's eyes, her hands clutched her face as she tried to compose herself from the enraptured state that instantly took over her. "I love you" She whispered back with a smile. Finally Youngdo smiled in relief as he quickly closed the gap between them. Still staring intently in her eyes, Young Do pulled Da Jung into his tender embrace, slowly but surely his right hand reached up to cup her face. Da Jung placed one hand onto his chest as she hugged him back tightly and slowly closed her eyes in anticipation as Young Do pressed his lips against hers in a passionate kiss. At that instant, a moment of euphoria swept over them both as if their souls have been united. How fortunate that they met years ago when they were kids, the warmth and comfort they briefly shared still imprinted in their treasured memory. How blessed they are to have found each other and fall in love in the present. Da Jung realised at that moment all her past failed relationships and heartbreak were nothing but a test. For now that she's within Young Do's embrace, seeing her own reflection through his loving eyes she's never been more certain. This is the man she wants to spend her eternity with, be it two hours, two years or whatever may be the amount of time they're destined to be together. She knew that even more than losing him one day, not being with him would be the biggest regret of her life. This man embracing her in the present is the eternity she's always been seeking.

*****