『 Chapter ☆ 4: Shopping In Mondstadt 』

Start from the beginning

   Before I make it to the city's general goods store, I'm stopped by the sound of the soft tenor voice of a man. I can conclude that  it's definitely not Timaeus.
   "Wait a moment, (Y/n)." He asks me. Despite the crowded streets, for a moment, it's as if the male is the only one in the town square. Not waiting a moment more to learn who the owner of the voice is, I turn around to face him. In front of me stands the Chief Alchemist himself. Albedo Kreideprinz. While I've never met him before despite my frequent visits to purchase potions or participate in basic alchemy, Sucrose described his appearance when I asked once. 

   He's slightly shorter than I am with teal eyes and ash blond hair that reaches his shoulders. A few of his strands are pulled into a braid around the side of his head ending in a small ponytail, the rest of it is left down. The man is clad in black, white gold and blue. His vision, geo is attached to his collar shining beautifully for all to see as his coat billows in the wind. The most curious part about Albedo isn't his clothing or his beautiful appearance, but the yellow diamond that rests at his collar bone. It doesn't appear to be a simple tattoo. His eyes also have three very unnatural circular markings in his teal irises. Perhaps I should check his fortune sometime.

   Breaking out of my thoughts, I reply to the male.
   "Yes? That's me. How do you know my name?" I ask curiously. The teal eyed man replies fairly quickly.
   "Sucrose talks about you a lot. When she's not talking about alchemy, you're often the subject of the conversation." He informs me.
   "I'm glad to know she considers me a friend." I say with a smile. He simply gives a firm nod in response. From what I can guess, the green haired female probably doesn't have a lot of friends. This is most likely due to her shy nature and the fact that she's almost always working. It's nice to know that she can find comfort in someone as nomadic as me. "So, what did you call me for?" I ask as the two of us walk back towards Timaeus.
   "Your health potions. I was on my way to Mondstadt to pick up some supplies and left Sucrose to continue researching. She asked me to give them to you." The man explains as he pulls out a few bottles of opalescent liquid, before placing them in my hands. In return, I hand him the appropriate mora.

   As much as I would like to stay a bit longer and get to know Albedo, I've heard enough to know that he's most likely not interested in chatting. Plus, I still have more items I need to pick up. The quicker I finish, the faster that I can join Paimon and Aether. However to my surprise, the ash blond isn't as eager for our conversation to end as I thought he would be.
   "I've heard you dabble in alchemy in your spare time." He comments. Ah, so that's why he's interested. It wasn't unexpected, the man is known for his sole fixation on the subject, so it isn't surprising that he's interested in conversing with those that share that passion, even just a little bit.
   "Yes I do. As an adventurer and someone who enjoys learning, I thought it would be a good skill to pick up though, I still have a lot to learn." I explain.
   "The fact that you have time while traveling to learn extra skills is impressive." He compliments me. "If you wish, you could improve by becoming my understudy. Sucrose already knows you and she speaks very highly of your willingness to learn." Albedo offers matter of factly.

   Despite his offer being something most people wouldn't ever experience from the teal eyed male, I have no choice but to decline.
   "I'm sorry Albedo, as much as I'd love to take you up on the offer, the nomadic life is where I belong." I explain. The male's expression in response to my answer is hard to decipher. I'd almost think the man was annoyed, maybe disappointed? The look is quickly wiped from his face before he replies.
   "That's a shame. Your progress in alchemy would come along so much quicker." He muses as he pockets the mora.
   "That may be true, but whenever I'm in Mond I can stop by to learn more." I tell the ash blond. He looks a bit more satisfied with this answer.

   "There are some things I would like to discuss if you have the time." The alchemist informs me.
   "What sort of things? I apologize because I'm a bit too busy at the moment. I have some items I need to acquire before reconvening with my travelling companions." I reply.
   "Ah, I see." The male muses to himself. "I was curious to ask about fate reading." Albedo says as he observes my face with curiosity, teal eyes of shallow waters meeting pools of (e/c).
   "But that has nothing to do with alchemy." I say, confusion in my voice.
   "That may be true, but I'm someone who wishes to know the truth about everything this world has to offer." He tells me. "Very well, as a solution to this problem, I'll simply have to join you on your shopping trip." The man seems satisfied with his conclusion, as he waits for confirmation that his presence is welcome.