"Jay..." I start, but he cuts me off 

"I'm in this for the long run Jules" he says calmly, but his eyes show his panic, "I'm not giving up. I'm not gonna up and leave. I'm gonna stay by you through it all. That's my decision" 

"JJ, take a deep breath. I'm not breaking up with you. I could never. Why would you think that?"

He begins to stroke my cheek softly, "John B told me about your little episode this morning"

My eyes widen as the guilt sets in, "JJ-"

"It's okay sunshine. I'm not mad at you. I wouldn't of let you break up with me anyway" he smiles softly, "you mean far too much to me.  We both know that these next two months are gonna be hard, but you'll be safe. You'll be safe with John B, and we're gonna clear your name and then you can come back. Then we can be together. It's all gonna work out. You'll see."

My eyes match his glassy ones as we say our 'see you laters'. I refuse to let this be a goodbye. 

"It's not fair JJ. I promised" I say shakily, "I promised I wouldn't leave again, but now I'm doing just that. I-I promised you JJ. I don't wanna break that promise" I sob as I shake my head, causing him to pull me into a hug. 

"Hey, it's okay" he says soothingly despite the tear that leaves his eye, "it's not a goodbye, cause I'm gonna see you in a few weeks. I know you're not willingly leaving and I know you're coming back. You'll come back to me. I know you will" 

"I'm coming back to you JJ. I promise. This isn't goodbye. I promise" I say, my voice still a little shaky. 

I pull back quickly when we hear distant sirens. They still sound very far away, but it's enough to make the dread in my stomach increase ten fold as I begin to panic. I look at JJ, who's panic matches mine. I look down at my hands and get an idea. 

I begin to take off my bracelet when JJ's hand stops me, I look up to him and his hurt filled eyes. 

"Why are you taking it off? You promised you'd never take it off" he says panicky.

"Trust me" I whisper, moving his hand so that I can take it off. Once it's off, I grab JJ's hand and put it on his wrist, "this is my promise JJ. This is my promise that I'm coming back. When I'm back, you can give it back to me. But for now, it's to remind you that I'm always here. And I'll always come back" 

He grabs my face and brings me in for a kiss. Our lips move in synch as I try and portray my care, my admiration, my love all in the one kiss. He pulls apart slightly, probably realising we're running out of time. 

"Here" he whispers, making me look down at his hand where he is holding one of his rings. His favourite ring. 

"JJ..." I start, not wanting to take something so valuable to him. 

"Take it. Keep it with you. That way you'll have a piece of me, just like I have a piece of you."

I nod my head as I take the ring and put it in my pocket, it's far too big to fit on my finger.

"Jules we gotta go!" John B shouts from the boat, making JJ grab my hand and drag me down the dock. 

Halfway down the dock, I stop in my tracks knowing that there's one more thing I gotta do. One thing I gotta say. 

"What are you doing!?" JJ yells softly, as he tries to tug me along but I pull him towards me.

"I gotta say something" I say

"Can it wait?" He asks, his eyes flickering behind me to see if Shoupe has turned up. 

"No" I shake my head, grabbing his face so his eyes meet mine. When my blue orbs meet his, it's like the whole world just fades away. All the chaos. All the lies. All the troubles just turn into nothing as we focus on each other. Finding peace in each other.