Chapter 21

"Jay?" I question softly. 

"Mmhmm" he mumbles into my neck. 

We're still outside on the dock, wrapped in eachothers arms. No matter how much I want to stay here, I know that we need to go back inside before they all come looking for us. 

"We should head back inside"

"No" he groans, tightening his arms around my waist, bringing me closer. I giggle, bringing my hand up to stroke the back of his head before lifting it out the crook of my neck. 

His blue eyes meet mine, and I smile. He makes a pouty face at me, as if begging to stay. 

"Lets go" I chuckle, pulling myself away from him. I make it about 3 steps before he tugs on my arm, pulling me back. 

His lips press against mine instantly, and I return the kiss enthusiastically. After a few seconds, I pull away, knowing that if I didn't stop now, I never will. When I look at his face, the playfulness is gone and worry has taken over his features. 

"What's wrong?" I ask 

"Is this real?" he questions

"What?" I ask confused, as he takes a step back. What the hell just happened?

"Is this real? You and me?"

"JJ-"

"Tell me it's real. Because if this is some sort of revenge plan to get back at me or a prank then tell me now rather than later." he explains, the worry evident in his voice, "Because, I've been waiting for this for so fucking long and I can't take it if it's all a lie. I need it to be real" he pauses and closes his eyes, "it's gotta be real" 

I take a step towards him, reach up and bring his head down to mine. I gently press my lips against his in a short kiss, before pulling away slightly. I lean my forehead against his before whispering the words I know he needs,

"Real"

"Real" he repeats and visibly relaxes.

I reach down and join our hands together, before pulling him towards the house. Just before I open the door, he pulls my hand to make me stop. 

I furrow my eyebrows to show my confusion, 

"I'm really fucking sorry Sunshine" he whispers. 

Not this again. 

Instead of telling him I forgive him, which I know he won't accept, I pull him through the door. 

As soon as we cross the threshold, three heads snap our way. Kie is giving JJ a look. A look that if it were transferred into actions, would result in JJ in the bottom of the Grand Canyon after she 'accidently' threw a knife at him while he was stood on the edge. 

Mental note, keep Kie away from Knives, JJ and Arizona. 

Pope and John B look at JJ, then me, then back at JJ, then back down to the floor.

I pull JJ by his hand, bringing him over to the sofa where we sit down. 

"Right. I don't want to have to discuss this video after tonight. So if you have any questions, ask now." I say, breaking the tension.

Everyone stays silent for a while before Pope speaks up, 

"How'd you get the video?"

"Rafe, Topper and Kelce cornered me at school and forced me to watch it. They also circulated it around the Kook academy. It got shut down before it reached the cut." I explain, "I then had that video on my phone for a while, used it as motivation work on myself." they all look down at that statement, but I press on, "And then I went to get the original from Kelce because he had the one without the edits"