I grew restless and stomped my feet.

“I also hoped the same from the Saintess.”

As soon as Reyhas was finished, Kyle spoke disapprovingly to Reyhas,

“Since when did the High Priest had the authority to supervise the Saintess?”

Evidently, in the temple, the saint was said to be far superior than the high priest.

“How impudent.”

Reyhas stared at Kyle and said,

“Don’t you know that I’m always prepared for anything?”

His voice was polite yet hostile.

“Because she defended Your Highness from the bizarre phenomenon that took place at your birthday banquet, certain nobles of the Emperor’s faction began to pay special attention to the Saintess and temple.”

Kyle remained silent at Reyhas’ words and suddenly smirked. Then he drew his sword and pointed it at Reyhas’ neck.

“……!”

My eyes widened in surprise at the situation that occured in an instant.

The tip of the sword was an inch away from Reyhas’ neck.

If the Swordmaster Kyle injects even a little aura, he could pierce his neck right away.

The gazes of the two clashed ferociously in the air.

I trembled with astonishment at the sight of their dark war of nerves.

“If you’re prepared, you should’ve thought about this.”

Kyle’s low voice flowed from his mouth as he pointed his sword at Reyhas, he resembled a dangerous beast.

“I mean, I’m the type of person who can’t stand seeing someone else being cocky.”

Reyhas, who stood nonchalantly without showing any signs of fear despite the sharp edge of the sword being close to him, was quite fascinating.

“It is not a matter for the High Priest to judge whether we’re close or not. I came to warn the Saintess about the problems at the banquet.”

Reyhas opened his mouth and spoke dry words in a calm tone,

“I understand what you mean.”

Eventually, Kyle slowly pulled his sword and pushed it into his scabbard.

The sound of the shrill and sharp blade entering the scabbard sent chills down my spine.

‘As expected, the temple is not a place for me to live…’

My head was filled with thoughts of getting out of here with Monde’s help.

“Saintess…”

I remained motionless for a moment, then my shoulders flinched at Reyhas’ voice as I met his gaze.

His expression was so calm that it would be hard to believe that a sword was pointed at his neck just a while ago.

“You must be tired, so you should get some rest.”

It was a pleasant answer to hear.

As though nothing had happened, there was even a relaxed smile hanging from his lips when he had just been pointed at with a sword.

I barely hid my nervousness and nodded.

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·