Chapter 1: The Initiate.

*Hello everyone! This will be short but the reason I have been gone from my other story I've been working on will be discussed later and it involves very important life decisions and my future so stay tuned on that topic.

But enough about me let's get started on this potentially great story yes?*

Loading...

Ancestor memories completed.

Crawley, 1858, United Kingdom

"Ah!" The young girl exclaimed as she hit the ground the sudden action throwing up dirt around her, she focused her attention not on her pain but to look up at her attacker.

"Get up daughter." A mature male voice ordered impatiently.

"Yes, father." The girl's meek voice said as she crawled back to her feet.

 Her opponent waited for her a little impatiently, a flat cap on his head accompanied by a cut on his cheek that had a bandage over it.

"You must strike fast before your opponent has the opportunity to strike first. The fight is always won by the-"

"By the one who takes advantage of their opportunities." The girl's opponent mocked as he rolled his eyes.

The girl's father glared down at the boy in annoyance.

"And by the one who has patience!" The girl's father said as he scolded the boy.

"I will not tolerate any more disrespect from you, Jacob! Am I understood?"

"Yes, father." The boy mumbled avoiding his father's scrutinizing gaze.

The girl watched her brother look down at the cobblestone at his feet a frown on his face one gained from aggravation born from the lecture his father was giving him.

Their father finished the lecture the young girl chose to ignore and stood back as he glanced between the two children.

"Begin." He said curtly,

The girl rushed her brother quickly trying to catch him off guard as her father stated, but her brother was just as fast as her if not a bit quicker.

Fighting was more his specialty after all.

The girl reeled back a punch intent to drove it towards Jacob's face intent to try to end the scuffle before it could truly begin. But unfortunately for her, her brother would not back down so easily.

Jacob ducked the punch and sent a punch to her mouth.

Unlike hers, it landed.

Her head jerked back as she stumbled two steps back.

She knew it had to be with as much force as possible, their father would not allow them to pull punches simply because they were family. Which is why she held no malice for her brother.

But damn if it didn't hurt like bloody hell.

The girl had no time to check her split lip as her brother attempted to assault her with a flurry of punches. The girl blocked them as quickly as she could throwing back hits of her own and seizing what ground Jacob gave up.

The young girl fought him forcing ground from her brother, the two opponents fighting to knock each other to the ground to win the skirmish all the while their father waited and watched both of them closely watching for missteps or unsteady movements in their fight moves.