Chapter One

How many times are we going to go through this?

The thought went through Bruce's mind way too many times for him to even remember. Bruce was his own worst enemy. Anything that could go wrong Bruce saw it as his fault. After all he was the devil.

"Bruce, are you in your head again?"

Bruce looked over at where Henry sat on the L-shaped couch. His adoptive father was only seventeen years older than him. A few years shy of 40. Still just a young man himself or at least that's how Bruce perceived him as well as his friends. This guy is going to steal our girlfriends, Bruce. Bruce smiled at the memory of Andrew telling him that when they both saw how some of their classmates had acted towards seeing Henry when he came out for the one and only baseball game he decided to support Bruce in. Another sad factor of his life and being told over and over again that he was Satan. The fact he couldn't enjoy anything in his life without being reminded by Henry or his own self.

"There you go again."

Bruce sighed. "Sorry I am a hot mess right now."

"What for?" Henry asked, unphased by his remark.

Bruce didn't know how to explain to him that he broke up with Celliana and he was in a nightmare of a world for it too. It got to the point he had to shut his phone off for peace. Bruce knew Henry would be questioning soon why Bruce hadn't been going outside the apartment except for work.

"I let Celly go."

"Ah. Shit, Bruce." Henry got quiet and so did Bruce. It was Henry that broke the silence again though. "If it makes you feel better I think it was time you did that deed anyways. That girl can not even handle the simplest of things in life she would never be able to handle you or what you bring to the table."

Yeah that fact that Bruce brought a lot of bullshit to the table and that he was the devil himself. He had no idea how many times him and Henry had to deal with a lot of inhuman creatures in the house. Things seeking him out but not to harm him but to worship him. Either way Bruce didn't want them around at all.

"Do you think she will show up at the apartment?"

"I would be lying if I said I did not fear that possibility." Bruce said finishing his coffee in the kitchen before putting his jacket on and grabbing his car keys.

"Still working with Andrew?"

"Of course. I couldn't leave his side even if I wanted to. That is one crazy person we would have to worry about dragging me out of this apartment for sure." Bruce had a flashback from the last time he tried to take a mental health break for too long. Never did he think Andrew would go as far as sending two police officers to his door to do a wellness check on him.

"Just try not to let human drama get to you."

Bruce sighed and did not respond until he was down the hall of their apartment and at the elevator doors. "But aren't I human now too? Do I not have a right to feel the way that I feel?"

Working with Andrew was something completely different. They were just two twenty year olds just trying to make their way through college and Andrew's idea of working in Miami was doing photography and video shoots for the rich. So that meant Bruce's time was spent mostly on a computer software program editing videos and photos.

Bruce wasn't mad at it. Just didn't feel like his life was going anywhere even though the money was phenomenal. Bruce was currently learning how to use a software for recording music. Sometimes he had to make a joke about his life because people used to say they sold their soul to the devil to become famous and here he was the one and only Satan himself learning to use software so he could have his own recording studio. He really did not want to make any deals with people's souls though.