X | Blooming Friendships, ACT ONE END.

THE IMPERIAL FAMILY WAS A SIGHT TO SEE, BUT A HEADACHE AS WELL.

Despite their advances of putting up an image of 'perfect', you could almost give them an Oscar of how much they could pull it off unless you're making the wrong assumptions as you could sense no hostility in the air between all of them. More specifically the two brothers who stood at the side of the Empress's throne.

You haven't managed to talk to them yet as you and your father stood in front of the small podium where the Imperial Family sat, the two of you giving out your courtesies and respects to the family (even though they pretty much don't deserve it). And during that time, you took in the place around you.

Gold was immortalised in every corner of the Grand Palace as expected of a wealthy sovereign, and just with the sight around you, it managed to him your old self's poor and sad life, even if you say yourself that you lived a decent life. That didn't stop you from admiring the place, after all, it isn't every day that you manage to fall into a world that'll eventually make you fit in with the nobles, more or less the Imperial family.

Kalist could sense your awe in the place, your eyes giving it away as he gave out a small cough which got your attention.

"Old friend, it has been a while!" The Emperor's voice boomed across the room, making you suddenly jump at the loud sound that almost shook you to the core.

Your gaze immediately caught sight of the sovereign who has his arms wide, showing his warm welcome to the both of you which then made your father bow and for you to dip down to a graceful curtsy.

"Glory upon the sun of the Obelian Empire."

"Now don't be so tight-lipped with me, aren't we brothers in arms?"

You took your time in the estate to figure that your father led an army to a war that raged not too long ago before he decided to settle down and look out for your mother when she was in labour to the early years of your life. Your father is the one who is worthy to be written in history books for his victors and achievements. And alongside him is the Emperor who also gave his assistance, but you like to say that Kalist did most of the work.

But even with that, you knew that the two considered each other as brothers.. In the Emperor's view anyway, you weren't sure about your father's.

Kalist gave out a small noise of protest as the Emperor gave him a tight embrace, giving him an awkward pat on the back. You could only look away to suppress the laughter coming from your chest as you saw how awkward your father looked and tried to ignore the look the Emperor gave you.