Chapter 21 - Hot bath (+18)

Start from the beginning

We look at her. She turns slightly her face to check if Malfoy is dressed decently, then she turns around for good. She gives me a pair of sneakers, I raise one of my eyebrows. Her face is crimson red.

"C-come on. I-I'm sure you've seen worse" the Slytherin boy sneers, nodding towards Ron.

My best friend rolls his eyes to the ceiling again, but doesn't smile at his joke. He looks rather stern, serious, and I am not used to this from him. What does he have in his mind? Is he really jealous of Draco? That would be new...

After we have put the shoes on Malfoy's feet, we bring him back to our dormitory. We manage to go through the Common Room without coming across anyone, the other students are all gathered in the Great Hall for dinner I guess. We reach our room, we settle him in a seat in front of the fire. I rub his back to warm him up.

"Can you two tell McGonagall we found him, please?" I ask.

"Sure" Hermione nods. "I'll tell the house elves to bring some hot tea here and something to eat for him."

"Sure. We'll go to the headmistress later. Thank you guys..."

They leave. Before stepping out, Ron gives us a strange, thoughtful look. I feel awkward for a second... The more I'm thinking about it, the more it seems he's doubting something about us...

But it only distracts me for a second, I focus all my attention on Malfoy again, still a little worried for him. I run my hand on his face, he's paler than usual.

"You're so cold..." I whisper. "I think you need to take a hot shower to warm you up."

"That's a good i-idea" he agrees, still trembling.

He tries to stand up, but he's too unsteady on his feet. I catch him just before he falls down.

"Wow, let me help you."

I slide my shoulder under his and drag him to the bathroom. I make him sit on the border of the tub and open the hot water tap. Foam starts to fill the small room, the temperature rises. Tugging on his sweater, I pull it off.

"Y-you don't need to do this" he says, uncomfortable.

"I was really worried for you" I let out without answering to him. "I searched the whole castle for you..."

"W-why?" he shivers.

I take a small towel and hold it under the tap for a few seconds, until it gets wet. I tore it a little and slide the towel on his right arm.

"I thought... the wizard who turned you into a snake had stricken again... that he kidnapped you, or harmed you, or... I don't know..."

"I-I'm tougher than you may think, P-Potter" he snorts.

Biting my tongue, I fear I've confessed too much to him. I rise my eyes up onto his face, he seems genuinely surprised by my expression. He stares at me. I notice that his thin hair are tousled on his forehead, a soft mess.

"You were... actually worried for me" he realises.

"Just a little" I grumble. "Not that much."

Feeling my cheeks blushing, I run the warm, wet towel on his torso, avoiding his gaze.

"Potter-"

"Shut up" I grunt.

I close the plughole and the bathtub starts to fill with hot water. I play with the tap for a moment to get the optimal temperature. We don't say a word. When the bathtub is half full, I turn towards him.

"Take you pants off."

"I-I can't" he stutters, showing his trembling hands.

I wince. Why is life trying to test me so hard...