(13)Airborne

My aching body lays on the ground as I try to catch my breath.

"Find what you were looking for?" Liz's dad asks me.

"Not what I expected." I reply as I struggle to get up. I stand on my feet and feel blood dripping down my head.

"Is this for a school project or something?" I ask sarcastically, pointing at the photos of my family and I.

"I do my research." He tells me and he walks forward and puts down the weapon. " Y/n Maximoff. 'Human experiment'... Wow, that's... That's quite the story." He says to me, nodding as he picks up a photo of Pietro, Wanda and myself.

Rage fills me as he flips the picture around to show me. "You're very powerful." He states as he puts the picture back down.

"I wanted to know why you did it. Why, you -A teenager- wouldn't want to be seen as one of the most powerful beings on earth. Hell, you came into my home for months and I never would have guess." He chuckles under his breath. "From the information I've gathered, there's not much that can overpower you. Except for these, now." He says picking up the weapon and pointing it at me.

"Why are you doing this?" I ask him.

"Because you can help me." He says. "And... I need some leverage." He blasts at me again and before I can make a field to protect myself, it hits me full force and I smash my head against the wall, falling unconscious.

No Perspective

Peter wanders around the building trying to find Y/n. He found himself in a section with computers and monitors glowing. It shows images of the Avenger's tower and different blueprints of a plane. He comes across a nearly empty room. Liz's dad stands at a desk looking at files and tools.

"Hey! Surprised?" Peter shouts.

"Oh, hey, Pete." He replies. "I didn't hear you come in."

"It's over. I've got you." Peter states as he walks toward him.

"You know, I gotta tell you, Pete... I really, really admire your grit. I see why Y/n/n liked you." He says, looking over at the unconscious girl who lays on his floor.

Peter didn't even see her at first, she's off to the side of the room completely quiet.

"Y/n..." Peter mumbles as he's about to run towards her body.

"Ah-ah." Liz's dad says, holding his hand out to stop him.

"What the hell did you do to her?" Peter demands.

"To her? I didn't do anything to her, Pete. I'm doing this for her." He says. "She and I can work together. We can be powerful."

"Hm, yeah." Peter mumbles as he shoots a web at Liz's dad, sticking his hand to the table. He looks at the table and back over at Peter.

"Peter," He sighs. "You're young. You don't understand how the world works."

"Yeah, but I understand that selling weapons to criminals is wrong." Peter protests.

"How do you think your buddy Stark paid for that tower? Or any of his little toys?" He says. "Those people, Pete, those people up there- the rich and powerful- they do whatever they want. Guys like us? Like you and me? They don't care about us."

"We build their roads, and we fight all their wars, and everything. But they don't care about us. We have to pick up after them. We have to eat their table scraps..." He pauses. "That's how it is."