(5)Chitauri

After the events with Peter last night, I went back to Liz's place. I snuck in through her bedroom window while everyone was still downstairs partying and I grabbed my stuff to leave. I changed out of Liz's soaking wet dress and hung it in hopes it would dry quickly. I told her I was tired and just wanted to go home, she was already a bit tipsy so she had no problem with it. I walked home by myself and kept lookout for any suspicious weapon-guys that might try to kill me. I can't believe that's a thing I even have to do.

Today, Peter and I are in our wood shop class. I'm using a hammer trying to get the glowing part out from the weapon Peter and I had found yesterday.
(here's the fit bae)

I smack it with the hammer a few times before the top piece that holds it in tightly comes undone

"Hey, thanks for bailing on me." Ned says as he walks up behind us.

"Yeah, well, something came up." Peter says as he examines the metal piece of the weapon.

"Woah, what is that?" Ned asks.

"I don't know. Some guy tried to vaporize me with it." I say, using a flat-head screwdriver to pry off the pieces.

"Seriously?" Ned asks.

"Yeah." Peter sighs.

"Awesome." Ned says. Peter and I look up at him, both of us confused. Like... seriously?

"I mean, not awesome. Totally uncool, that guy." Ned stutters. "So scary."

"Well, look, I think it's a power source." Peter says, continuing to pry at the object.

"Yeah, but it's connected to all these microprocessors." Ned chimes in as he observes the device. "That's an inductive charging plate. That's what I used to charge my toothbrush."

"Whoever's making these weapons is obviously combining alien tech with ours." I state.

"That is literally the coolest sentence anyone has ever said." Ned says, mesmerized. He starts rambling as I prepare myself to blast at this device without anyone seeing. I look around the room and try to figure out how I can do this. "I just want to thank you for letting me be a part of your journey, into this amazing-"

I put my hand inches away from the weapon and allow small waves of red to swerve through my fingers. It pushes against the glowing rock but not enough. I flick my wrist clockwise and magic shoots out of my hands, causing the glowing chitauri to blast out of place.

Peter, Ned and I turn to see if anyone had seen, but nobody has taken any interest in the ruckus we're making.

"Keep your fingers clear of the blades." My teacher says from his chair without bothering to look up from his book.