V. time spent together

*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・''・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*

As Milia woke up she felt the familiar empty bed

As Milia woke up she felt the familiar empty bed. The note crumpled as she swung her hand over to the other side of the bed looking for the warmth. Her eyes opened painfully and she starred at the yellow note paper printed with Oliver's handwriting.

going on an early flight this morning,
i'll see you in a week x
oliver.

Milia felt hurt that he left without saying goodbye and that he didn't even bother to say goodbye to her parents. Frustration filled her head and consumed all her thoughts. The thought of explaining his absence to her parents made her face burn in embarrassment. She reached for her phone and instantly tried to call Oliver just to check in on him but he never picked up.

After two failed calls, Milia climbed out of bed and got changed. She patted down to the kitchen and breathed in the smell of freshly brewed coffee. She sat with her parents for an hour in silence just enjoying the view before they became suspicious.

"Where's Oliver?" Lily asked her daughter. Milia didn't look to her mother. Instead she answered while still facing the view of the blue water.

"He had to go back home. He'll be back next week." Antonio hummed in amusement at the confirmation of his original thoughts regarding his daughter's boyfriend. Milia glared at him and he eventually backed down and suddenly found his coffee cup extremely interesting to look at. Not wanting to think about Oliver in that moment, Milia stood and walked outside to get some fresh air and clear her mind. She walked to the back and swung her legs off the stone stairs looking out at the ocean.

After a while she heard approaching footsteps and looked back to see her mother strolling towards her. She sat down next to her daughter and wrapped her arm over the girl.

"What happened with Oliver?" Milia stared down at the dust accumulated on the ground due to the erosion of the stone, avoiding her mother's eyes.

"Nothing, he had work." Lily's grip tightened around the girl and she squeezed to bring her daughter some comfort.

"Then why are you so upset?" Milia finally looked up at her mother and smiled weakly at her.

"We talked about it last night but i just wasn't expecting him to leave without saying goodbye this morning" Lily groaned in annoyance at who she thought was going to become her son-in-law. "He left a note, but it still felt wrong." Lily brought her daughters head to her comforting chest and hugged her.

"Have you tried to call?" Milia nodded her head. "well I guess he would still be on the plane by now huh?" Milia chuckled at her mother's logic and it calmed her nerves slightly. Eventually Lily told her daughter that she was going to give her some space and she left to join her husband again.