A soulmate who wasn't meant to be

Comincia dall'inizio

"Dream, have a pearl. We're going up." He nodded as he was handed an Ender pearl. She threw her own up, and it teleported her to the bridge above them, and so did Dream after a moment. They both drank invisibility potions, removing their armours to stay hidden. She clutched his hand and ran towards another portal, that led to snowy biomes. They ran for minutes, avoiding the hostile mobs of the fiery biome and finally reached the portal they've been looking for. Getting in the portal, they waited till it teleported them to the overworld. And when it did, Y/n led Dream to Techno's house, that was situated thousands of blocks away from them.

"Y/n, are you sure it's safe? They might guess where we are hiding." Dream questioned, stopping to catch his breath, after the effect of the potion wore off.
"Honestly, I don't know. But that's the only place where we can go at the moment." She huffed out, glancing behind her.
"Hm...Techno had a secret vault somewhere around his house. No one knew about it. Maybe we should head there?"
"Do you know the way?"
"I think yes."

"Then let's go. Lead the way." Dream nodded, and they continued their walk. The walk was peaceful, unlike the one that was in the Nether. Y/n was growing cold due to the strong Northern wind that blew at them mercilessly. Dream noticed her shivering and pulled her closer to himself by her waist, holding her. The action made her flush slightly, but she didn't rebel. He was warm. She exhaled a sigh of relief, remembering the close call back in the Nether. Thank God, Phil was there to protect Dream from Quackity. And Techno too.
The peace lasted till Dream suddenly let go of her and stopped in his tracks. Sudden pang of pain appeared in her chest, turning into a duller pain. She blinked in surprise, turning her head to look at him. She didn't get to look at him properly before he collapsed to the ground, face flat. The back of the arrow was sticking out of his side, and the tip went even deeper because of the impact with the ground. He let out a wet cough, trying to rise to his feet, but he suddenly had no strength. The tip of the arrow was stained with weakness potion. And it affected him.

"Dream!" Y/n was quick to kneel down beside him, half of the energy draining out of her body, her head snapping in the direction where arrow came from. Her eyes widened, then narrowed, anger clear in them. Sapnap again. Y/n didn't have any more potions left with herself, neither did Dream. She unsheathed her sword, shakily rising to her feet, ready to fight the boy even at this state. Sapnap wordlessly walked up to her, sword in his hands. "Sapnap, what the fuck?" He didn't respond, gaze blank as he charged at her. "Sapnap! He's your friend! You're going to murder him?" She tried to knock some sense to him.

"He's not my friend. He's not the one that I used to know, not the one who I grew up with! He's not the one who wished peace for the SMP. He's not the same Dream."
"Sapnap, listen, I know you're mad but-"
"You know nothing."
"Sapnap!" She yelled, causing him to shut up. "Why can't you just understand? Think of George, Puffy and others who still care about him! If you don't care about him then at least understand that his death would affect others."
"Don't you fucking dare to bring George into this." He spat, glaring at her. "You don't know how much pain he caused to us." He snapped, with a snarl.
"And you don't know how much pain he carried on his shoulders!" She snapped back.

"Is this about torture?"
"No. Different kind of pain."
"I don't care, step out of my way or you're going down as well. I have to fulfill my promise."
"No." She held her ground, challenging his gaze.
"Fine, this is what you wanted." He attacked her first. Gaining her remaining energy, she blocked his attack, praying for the effect of the debuff to wear off soon. Y/n tried her best, holding on till she couldn't keep up anymore. She had several wounds, all of them were severely bleeding. Sapnap pushed her aside, causing her to fall to the ground, with a thud, her sword falling to the ground with clatter. Her breathing was uneven, vision hazy. Why do they still have
this weakness? It was supposed to disappear long time ago!

"Sapnap...please, don't." She pleaded, trying to rise to her feet, but failing miserably, watching as he marched to Dream's body that was on the ground. Dream, however didn't even try to get away from Sapnap. He just laid there, already accepting his fate.
"Dream." Sapnap breathed out, looking down at the blonde. "Why? Why did you escape? Just why?" Sapnap's eyes filled with tears.
"Heh..." Dream chuckled shakily as he found a little strength to flip onto his back, causing the arrow to go deeper into his body. "I wanted to be free, to get away from Quackity and Sam." He managed to get out of his mouth.
"Is this all?"
"No, of course not. I wanted to apologize to others, start a new life but...looks like I won't be able to do that."
"Really? Such a pathetic lie." The younger shook his head.

"Sorry to disappoint you." Dream's voice was laced with bitter sarcasm. There was no way to change this. This is final.
"I promised you to kill you if you ever escaped. And you still did. Why? Do you want to die that badly?"
"Maybe." Sapnap let out a shaky breath.
"I wish you were the same Dream I used to know."
"Everyone changes. Even you changed." Another cough escaped the blonde, this time, he coughed up blood to the snowy ground, painting it crimson red. Sapnap had to avert his eyes.
"I did not."
"Yeah, you did. Now, c'mon, kill me." His breath hitched upon hearing those words. "Do it." Tears rolled down Sapnap's cheeks as he gripped the sword tighter.

"Goodbye." His voice was shaky, hesitant. Dream just smiled, closing his eyes, bracing for impact.
"Sapnap no!" She yelled, trying to stop him. The sword was plunged deep into the chest of the blonde. Sapnap fell to his knees, beside Dream. Blood dripped down Dream's chin, as he fluttered his eyes open, vision hazy.
"Told you...that you changed." He coughed out, hand finding Sapnap's knee and briefly squeezing it. He didn't miss the way tears streamed down Sapnap's cheeks, as his eyes were screwed shut. "I'm sorry, Sap." He murmured, blinking up at the younger boy. His consciousness was drifting away, as he felt burning hot teardrops stain his clothes, as he closed his eyes for the last time. He died.

Dream was slain by Sapnap

°°°