Chapter 2: Asami

Two weeks before the championship game...

Asami woke up at 3:00 am, sweating profusely. She had another nightmare, it was the fourth one that week. She grabbed her water on the nightstand and drank. She laid her head back down on the silk pillow with a sigh.

The clock read 3:21 AM, Asami was frustrated. She rolled over and tried to fall back asleep but to no avail. She never told anyone about her nightmares because she thought they were stupid and childish. She doesn't even know why she has the nightmare's.

Asami grabbed her phone and blinded herself with the brightness of the screen, she quickly turned the brightness down.

Like usual her notifications were empty, it's always been that way. Nobody really cared about her, she was always the quiet girl in the back of class who people hated for no apparent reason.

People knew that she was the daughter of Hiroshi And Yasoku Sato, the creators of the Satomobile and the wealthiest family in all of Republic City. People always treated her horrible for having money. Asami never knew why it mattered if she had money, she never flaunted it in people's faces, she never even talked about it. She came to the conclusion that people wanted to start a problem just to do it.

Throughout middle school and high school her peers either bullied her or wanted nothing to do with her. It ruined Asami's chances at having actual friends. She decided it would be best if she secluded herself in school, she only talked when asked a question by a teacher or if she had to talk to someone. If she was being honest, school really made her miserable.

Asami put her earphones in and turned on rain sounds to help her fall back to sleep. The raven haired girl closed her eyes and did her best to calm her mind. It helped her fall back to sleep.

The morning came, Asami was woken up by her mother, "Sweetie, time to get up."

"Ok," she sighed. Mornings are evil. Asami slid out of bed, grabbed her outfit for the day and hopped in the shower. She let the warm water calm her body and mind. She got out, dried off, brushed her teeth, then got dressed. She hated the clothes that she would wear for school, but she knew if she wore the fun goofy shirts she liked the bullying would be amplified to a hundred and that wasn't something she needed.

Asami wore a red and black Nike hoodie and black skinny jeans. She let her hair down but pulled one side back over her ear and put a hair clip in.

As she left the bathroom, Asami found her father sitting in his normal position at the kitchen table reading the paper. "Good morning Asami, how did you sleep?"

"It was alright." Asami didn't like talking to anyone as soon as she woke up. She found her white converse sitting at the door and slid her feet into them.

"Hey sweetie," her mother called, "me and your father will be a little late tonight so feel free to pick yourself up some food. I left my card on the table for you."

"Thanks mom. What are you guys doing tonight?" Asami asked.

"We have a meeting with a potential investor and that was the only time he had." Her mother explained.

"Oh, ok. I'll see you when you get home then." Asami grabbed her book bag and her keys. "See you guys later!" She yelled to her parents.

"Be safe." Her father yelled back. "Always. Love you guys." She closed the front door.

As Asami pulled into the school parking lot. At school she was never happy, it wasn't because of the work it was because of the other asshole students.

She sighed as she turned her car off, "Another shitty day." She said to herself.

Asami walked through the front doors of the school and saw the other students walking to their respective lockers. She noticed Korra and her friends laughing at some joke Bolin told. Asami didn't want to admit it but she had a crush on Korra. She probably doesn't even know I exist. I don't have a chance with her anyway. Asami thought to herself as she walked by the group.

At her locker a bunch of jocks were talking about something. Asami hated them the most, they were always so disrespectful to her. She quietly said, "Excuse me." The guy leaning against her locker glared at her and moved out of the way. Asami always felt horrible about the way people would glare at her or shoot her dirty looks. It always ruined her mood for the whole day, Asami tried to tone it out and she knew that she shouldn't let it get to her but it was hard when almost everyone did it.

Asami put her books in her locker And picked up her notebook for history with Mr.Tenzin. She put her earphones in then closed her locker.

Korra was sitting in the front of the class with Kuvira and her boyfriend Baatar JR, Mrs.Beifong's son. Asami took her place in the back corner of class. She was pretty sure that school gave her social anxiety because she always got so anxious when the teacher would take attendance.

Asami was taking notes when Korra made a joke and the whole class laughed. She found herself smiling. She loved the way Korra could change her mood. "What are you smiling at Sato?" A voice growled.

Asami looked at the girl next to her. "It was a funny joke." She said quietly.

The girl glared at her and looked back at Korra. There goes my mood. Asami thought to herself. She put her head down and focused on her notes. I never did anything to anyone. Asami just wanted this class to end.

After what felt like two hours the bell finally rang, Asami was the first one to leave so she didn't have to deal with the other people in the room.

The next three classes went by slower than the first but she was glad that no one else said anything to her.

At lunch, Asami sat alone at the end of a table. She was eating the lunch her mom made for her. She loved the little note her mother would put in her lunch. She finished her lunch and made her way to Mrs.Beifong's math class. She had this class with Korra and Kuvira.

She sat in the back like usual and focused on what Mrs.Beifong was teaching. Class was about to end, Asami did what she normally did and made her way to the front of the room to leave first. She walked by Kuvira's desk and was tripped by her. She dropped her books, everyone looked at her and laughed. Asami felt her face heat up and got extremely embarrassed. Asami noticed that Korra was laughing at her as well and it hurt. She thought Korra was different from everyone else. The bell rang as Asami picked up her books.

The last two classes, Asami made sure to keep to herself and stay away from people. The final bell rang and she got to her car as fast as she could. Asami just wanted to get home and be in her safe place, the place where she could be herself and not put up a facade.

When Asami got home she went straight to her room and fell onto her bed. The weight of the world fell with her. Korra really laughed at me. Am I really that much of a loser? She could feel the tears stinging the back of her eyes. She decided to go to bed and hoped that tomorrow would be better.

Over the next two weeks nothing really happened to Asami except for the occasional glares and dirty looks. She walked into her History class and noticed that Korra was there. She overheard Kuvira talking to her boyfriend about an injury that happened to Korra the night before. Asami felt bad for her, she knew that Korra loved basketball and that it was her life. It didn't matter that Korra laughed at her when Kuvira tripped her, Asami wasn't the type of person to be an asshole when something like this happened.

A/N: Hello all, I hope you enjoyed it. I'll try to do a better job at updating these chapters. :)