Chapter 58: Scar's Ghost

Start from the beginning

"What a nice present," Sally says.

"I don't understand. There's no box! No ribbon tied in a bow!" Jack exclaims in confusion.

"Jack, it's not about the box or the ribbons. It's about what's inside the box!" Sora explains.

Madison gives Sora another bonk on the head. "That's not it, either!"

"No, Sora. What really counts--what's really special--is the act of giving the gift. To wish deep in your heart to make someone else happy," Sally explains.

Jack puts some thought into Sally's words. "Right...of course! Thank you, Sally, you're absolutely right," Jack then places his boney hand over where his undead heart is. "Wait! What's this? I feel so strange...so very happy!"

"Jack, that must be Sally's present!" Goofy exclaims.

"Really? This wonderful feeling?" Jack asks. He then walks up to Sally, and holds one of her hands. "Oh, Sally! You've given me the nicest present in the world! And I've nothing to give you in return. What would you like? Just name it. Absolutely anything."

"The nicest present I could ever ask for, Jack, is just to be with you," says Sally.

Jack smiles. "You don't even have to ask for that."

Jack takes Sally in his arms, and the two start to dance with each other. Seeing them together definitely makes me think that they make quite the ghoulish couple.

"Maybe I never gave her a real present after all," Sora says all of a sudden.

"Who?" Donald asks.

I smile, knowing full well who Sora is talking about. "You mean, Kairi, right?"

Goofy places his hands on Sora's shoulders. "Aw, I bet Kairi would like most anything you gave her."

"I know. That's what made it so hard to decide," says Sora.

"Weren't you listening to what Sally said. It's not the gift, it's what's in your heart," Harada points out.

"My heart..." Sora says.

Luke nods his head. "You know, Kairi's a lot like Sally."

"How?" Sora asks.

Madison lets out a tired sigh, shaking her head at Sora. "Do you even need to ask?"

I giggle a little. "If I know my sister--as long as she gets to be with you, what else could she need?" I then turn my attention on Hijikata. "And although I don't know Chizuru as well as you do, I'm sure the same also applies to her. I'm sure she'd be glad to see you again, too."

Hijikata's cheeks begin to turn pink. "W-well--"

"Aw, Hijikata-san's blushing," Okita teases.

"Only whenever Chizuru is involved!" Heisuke exclaims with a smirk.

"Shut up!" Hijikata yells, embarrassed.

Most of us begin to laugh at the scene before us. I'm not sure when I'll get to see Kairi again. But when I do, I'm going to be sure to find her something special by next Christmas. Later, after saying our goodbyes to everyone, the others and I leave Halloween Town, ready to head to the Pride Lands.

On our way, like with all of the other worlds we've been to, we explained what happened during our last visit to Sora and Madison. They were both shocked at the mention of Simba, but mostly looking forward to seeing him again, since he did help us back when he ended up as a Summon Gem. When we arrived at the Pride Lands, Donald worked his magic to make us turn into animals, and naturally, Madison and Sora struggled, trying to get the hang of being lions, while Kuro, Chibi and Stitch remain as they are.