A mother's resolution

Start from the beginning

“MOM!”

We  hugged after screaming our  lungs  out.  Like a  lost sheep returning  to it's master.  I felt  whole.

“Okay Mom you  can  let  go”

“No.  what if  you  leave  again?”

“Don't  worry. I'll be  here.  It just  depends on your  strength”

“Then  I will  keep  you  here forever!  Watch  as my unconditional love  conquers  all!”

Hahahahaha!

I couldn't help but  burst  out  laughing at  my mother's heroic  motto.

After hugging for  more than  a  hour, she finally settled down and  we  exchanged  stories.

“---  whoosh  after  that  Solomon  cut  the  carriage in  pieces. It was so  awesome Mom. He  looked  so  different  from regular, gullible and honest  Solomon.”

I was telling her  about my  journey here.  She is listening to  it attentively and  laughing  at the  sounds I created.  I don't  want this to  end but  it's  almost  dawn  soon.  Since I took  a nap before coming here,  I wasn't too  tired  but  I couldn't  help but see  her  slowly  drifting off to  sleep.  

“William!”

“Yes  mom?” agh.  I was  talking  wasn't  I?

"Don‟t  worry about  me okay?”

“That‟s  a  bit  hard  don't  you  think?  I mean you've been bedridden  for as  long  as I  can remember.  You  can't  walk  too much as  well. It's safe to  say we  need  to get  something  that can  heal you.”

“No no  listen  up”

“Maybe  if I  worked  twice  as har-„

“Wait  will-“

“No  what if  I become an  adventure or a  thief  in Silent Knights,  Solomon  might  agr-“

“William”

“How  about  being a  full-time  adventur-“

"WILLIAM!!!!!!!!”

Elizabeth  screamed.

“Why  aren't  you  giving me  a  chance?”

“It‟s  because you've given up!!”  I  retorted.

I actually shouted at  my  own  mother. I  don't want to listen  to her poor a  excuse to die.

“I already  know  you  won't  get  better but  you  need  to  try!”

“William  I can't  push  on  any  longer!”

“Then  we  will call  for a  King  rank  healer!.  They'll  be  able  to reverse your  sicken-“

“It's  a  curse.”

My  heart  sank  after hearing  those words. A  curse? That means black magic  is coursing through  her  veins? How? Isn't she a  healer?

“If kingdom  victoria  where to  know  that  I  have  black magic,  it  would  be  a  public  execution.”

I  couldn’t  the  handle  reality  put in front  of me.  As  soon as  I  tried  to talk:  I  found myself gasping for  air.  Nothing came  out. Only the fact that either  my mother would die.

“William‟ my  mother gently called  me.

“Come  here” following her instruction,  her arms  surrounded  me.