Chapter Three: An Offer

Ayda cleared the mirror with her hand, it was steamed up from the boiling water, she looked at herself, feeling a slight sense of pride as she looked at herself.

She hair was short, shaved on the sides and back, it framed her face, lighting up the room with the firey effect that failed to dull with the water, her eyes were glowing, a soft, pretty amber colour that she had gotten used to, her cheek were defined, her cheekbones sharp, letting her look intimidating, her lips were slightly plump, cracks ran their way over them, she always thought it was from a lack of water, she always forgot to drink when she was studying.

Her body was tattooed with gold ink, something done by Garthy themself after a drunk night and complaints about Ayda's skin being too bare, she'd gotten used to them now, it took her a while, she'd hated them at first, covered them with sleeves and trousers, Garthy helped her get used to them, not fully, but she still liked them.

She liked her body the most, years of working in a library alone meant she was fairly muscular, her shoulders were broad, although it was often hidden by her clothes.

She jumped at a knock on the door, her mind running, had knew it wasn't James, Garthy wouldn't let him close to the guest quarters, the never did.

She opened the door, towel covering her body, Garthy gave her a smile.

"dinner's ready" his tone was sweet, he was always sweet with Ayda, she assumed it was a result of their old relationship, Ayda wanted to rember that relationship, the relationship she had with her son, the safe relationship.

She gave a small nod, quickly walking to her room and getting changed into the most comfy clothes possible, she found that after working the whole day, she wanted nothing more than to relax and take the nerves off with a drink.

She found herself smiling as she sat at the bar, Garthy set a plate down in front of her, just like normal, they striked up a conversation with the librian, talking about the business from the day, about the reservations for travellers.

"there's this band comin' in, some modern stuff" Garthy spoke, their eyes on the young woman as she drug her fork into the meat on her plate "they're staying here, I think cause we're the cheapest place, anyway the singer, this demon girl, she gave me tickets, said I could bring someone along" they gave a smile, Ayda thought for a moment, she was never good with noise, or people, but Garthy seemed excited, and their smile was always convincing.

Ayda gave a sigh, before a nod, smiling up at them "fine, just this once."