CHAPTER NINE: Please Don't Take Her Away

Another two weeks had passed after Felicity's confrontation with the Acker Countdom. She was able to verify that she wasn't being watched anymore during the first two days after her visit to the Sapphire mansion thus confirming that the Count was keeping his promise.

The confrontation may seem like it was done upon impulse, fueled by Felicity's agitation towards what was done to her mother's resting place. However, it was more than that. Felicity thought of everything properly before making up her mind and storming to the headquarters of her enemies.

During the confrontation, Felicity focused on many key points. Firstly, she emphasized to the Count how much she hates him and his family. Secondly, she made sure that he knew just how much damage he and his people caused her and the poor, deceased Dalia. Thirdly, she told them about not wanting to have anything to do with them at present or in the future. Fourth, she used the incident of grave-digging to her advantage to further inflict damage on the Acker's emotional well-being, and last but not the least, she displayed her resoluteness by hurting herself in front of them.

Felicity had always wanted to get rid of the blood contract since the day she learned about it and by giving her blood to them in such a way, she killed two birds with one stone. Taking advantage of what the knights did to the grave gave Felicity a reasonable excuse to approach the Ackers firsthand. She might've been upset but she was still logical enough to not let such perfect timing slip from her hands.

If the people listening and watching the scenarios that unfolded in the Count's study had some sense in them, they'd leave her alone. As people who thinks of themselves as upright and unable of hurting others, the guilt would be enough for them to stop trying to approach her again.

With her objectives successfully met, Felicity thought that she would finally be able to return to her peaceful life.

However, she was wrong. Apparently, what she did was not enough for them to stay away. The Acker household had found a new way to wriggle into her life.

On that particular day, Felicity was just about to eat breakfast before tending to her everyday duties. As expected, a couple of maids arrived outside her humble cabin, making themselves known by waving near the open window.

"Lady Felicity, we have today's breakfast!" the younger of the maids said cheerfully.

"It's thick-cut bacon, sausage, sunny side up eggs on toast, blueberry muffins and a side of fresh peaches, milady!" the older maid added.

With spatula in hand, Felicity sighed and looked at them through the window.

The maids raised the platters with wide grins on their faces. "They're delicious milady!" they chorused as if they practiced the line beforehand.

"Take it back. I'll never accept anything from the Ackers; I've said that a million times already," she remarked at them.

"Actually, it's not a million but thirty-three times milady," the younger maid said.

"Why the heck would you keep count of that?" Felicity said in exasperation. "Anyways, just like any other day before, go back to the main house and tell the Count to stop this ridiculousness. I'm getting tired of sending people away three times a day," Felicity said and waved them away with the spatula.

"Will you really not take the meal milady? The bacon is premium and fresh; we've bought the best cuts available in the market," the older maid persisted.

"I don't care," Felicity said. "I have to cook so please go away," she added in an annoyed tone before turning away from the window and going back to her task.

Seeing that they were defeated once again, the maids obediently went back up the Opal mansion's old garden with their shoulders droopy.

Felicity sighed as she cut a piece of potato. That day counted as the eleventh day since the Ackers started to annoy her with their antics.