The Gateway

<Change of View: Fuchsia in Everlynn's body>

"What the..."
I muttered.

I was just standing over my village's local cliffside, writing into my diary about Grey's maintenance on our multiverse-link systems before I just... blacked out for some reason.
My nerves cut out, I didn't feel my breathing, I couldn't think about what happened during that.

Now I'm in some unfamiliar grassland with random statues around the place, and I feel weird. Like the time I got physically molded thin by an atom restructur-

Oh.
Oh my god.
I can't feel my arms and legs!
My body's completely different!

Aahuaah!- Wait, I'm hovering off the ground!! How is this happening, I was just-?!

No! Focus, Fuchsia! Focus!

Deep breaths. Deep breaths... Okay, that's better.

"...wuaAAAH!!" Someone else screamed raspily.
"Whuh-?" I spun around and found... two other nearby creatures behind me.

The only thing I could use to describe them right now, were flytrap plants with arms and legs. Flytraps, huh...
I feel small. Are they predators? If so...

I looked up momentarily and saw the tips of the red propellers I think are the cause of my flight. It seems I can somehow control them properly enough for me to back away from the flytraps. That was a relief.

"Just- What is this-?" One of the flytraps with a black head, yellow body and yellow mouth lips muttered with crossed arms, trying to shrink down.
The other flytrap was... only vaguely surprised in contrast. They had a white head, green body and didn't have those mouth lip colors, and they had bead eyes which the black one lacked.

I'm relatively safe for now being a considerable distance away from them, so I can watch what they do. If they start to chase me or something, I'll be running.
Wait, I don't have legs. So just hovering and flying away, then. Not... objecting to that, but...

There's nobody else around other than me and the two. And with the different grass and the statues, is this another world?

I nicknamed them Black and White, for now.

...
I feel like a small box. Is that what it is? I'm a floating box-

White's exploratory glances around the place stopped when they saw Black's confusion and fear, before White tapped on Black's shoulder to get his attention.

"Oh woahthe- what are you?! Huh?!" Black replied out of shock, backing a foot away.
Instead of speaking, White replied with a shrug, before offering a comfort hug.

"I- uahh... oh?" Black hesitantly reached out. White closed in as soon as they saw this, and now the flytraps had their arms wrapped around each other, White smiling with their eyes closed. It did calm Black down if the slower breathing was to go by.

Though it was pretty sweet, it still left me plain confused about the whole mess. This wasn't the most bizarre of places, but finding myself back in a really different body after a long time?
I don't even know what I am now!

I'll try to get their attention when they're done. Something suspects to me that one of them hasn't forgotten entirely about me. Hm...
White. Much wiser than they look, but still hints of cheeriness clear as day.
From the way they looked around, and their smile when they hugged it out.