Chapter 1

"What will it take for you to love me?"

"Should I become like Jennette?"

"If I do, then will you call my name dearly like you do hers, and watch me with warmth in your eyes? Will you hold me in your arms...without pushing me aside?"

Athanasia looked up at the person in front of her with a tear-stained face. But her father, the Emperor, Claude, simply coldly looked at her who was crying at his feet.

"Such a thing will not happen until the day I die."

"Why is that? I'm your daughter too, father! I was by your side much longer than Jenntte.."

"You fool"

Those piercing contempt. His voice digging in her ears was more cruel than ever.

"There was never a day where I considered you my daughter"

Claude was heartless until the very end. The deepest of despair like never before flooded in Athanasia's eyes.

___________________________________

Asteria's Pov

'Why did I suddenly remember that novel? And...why do I feel...so different?'

I heard the door slam open and then heard steps coming inside. Then I heard a deep voice after hearing nothing else.

"Is this my child?"

"Y-yes, y-your majesty!!"

I was looking for the source of the deep and cold-hearted voice. Although to me it didn't sound as cold as I thought. And when I finally found the source I immediately saw jeweled blue eyes piercing through me. I tilted my head not knowing the situation.

Although I didn't know what was going on he seemed very familiar and I could see pain in his eyes but it didn't last long enough for me to understand.

"Her name...What did she name her?" I think my father had asked the maid that was currently with us.

"H-her highness had n-named the s-small la-lady, Asteria...your majesty.." She lost her voice at the end but it's not like it mattered much since she was already stuttering.

"Asteria de Alger Obelia...huh?"

He uttered my new name so quietly that I almost didn't hear it. He looked at me once more but this time it was much softer before he had glanced towards the maid.

"You...have Asteria be brought to the emerald palace for now. And give her an empty room to be hers and make it close to mine. Also buy her all necessary items and such. Asteria will be treated as a princess from now on." After that he took another small glance towards me.

But this time I smiled, showing off my gums and then he left the room. I honestly cannot remember where I've seen him though- wait a second!!

Blonde straight hair, jeweled blue eyes...NO WAY!! You gotta be kidding me!! There's no WAY Claude De Alger Obelia could possibly be MY new father!!

___________________________________

One and a half years passed by quickly.