Rainfeather

This OC belongs to CrystalwingOC

[Although I have been reading your book, I will try to rate this objectively on character alone. Of course, it's a fantastic story, and I recommend everyone check it out! Honestly, it's one of the best I've seen on here.]

Name┃ Rainfeather

5/5. Sounds absolutely lovely! I do see both this prefix and this suffix a lot, but they work well together.

Gender┃ Female 

Great!

 Sexuality┃ Straight 

Okay!

Rank┃ Medicine cat

Seen surprisingly few medicine cats, nice!

Age┃ 36 moons

Alright, so she's about 28 in human years.

Clan┃ LakeClan

Love original clans- espeicially-

ahem, haven't read your story. No ma'am.

Appearance┃ Blue spotted tabby with white under parts of body. Turquoise eyes. Short, thick and glossy fur. Quite slim and lithe.

13/15 She sounds very pretty. Although, I would note on her eye colour that blue eyes need white markings on a cat's face, unless her shade of turquoise is green with a blue-ish tinge.

Personality┃  Rainfeather is an independent cat, who likes talking with other cats but not working with them. She is somewhat rebellious and strong-minded. She doesn't forgive easily. She's ambiverted, bordering on extroverted.

25/25 When I read your story, I rather disliked her. But seeing her traits laid out like this makes me see her in a different light. Nice job on including both positive and negative traits, and this fits your portrayal of her.

Backstory┃ Her kithood and apprenticeship was quite ordinary. She was apprenticed to Moonsong, the medicine cat at the time. However, a few days after her siblings got their warrior names, Streamhop and Waterpelt, a patrol was attacked by a group of SunClan cats over a border skirmish. Streamhop was in the patrol, and died at the claws of Kestrelwing. Rainpaw was distraught but didn't let her feelings take over her. 

These are all such lovely names! Remember that according the Warrior Code, the cats can't kill, though! (Unless you've rewritten the codes for SunClan, LakeClan and the others.)

At a Gathering, she was sitting alone, when a tom came up to her. He was about her age and they spent the night talking about each other's problems. The next couple of Gatherings, they talked, until Treeleap (the tom) asked to meet up with Rainpaw elsewhere. They did. They spent nights in each other's company. One time, they fell asleep together. A few days later, Moonsong cornered her and told her to tell him everything. It turned out that Rainpaw was pregnant with Treeleap's kits. Moonsong considered turning her in but promised to keep her secret. 

Alright, I was alarmed until I reread the 'about her age' part lol. That's really nice of Moonsong, and also likely the right thing to do. She's letting Rainpaw deal with it on her own, and letting her handle whatever consequences may come.

Forbidden love is one of my least favorite Warriors clichés, but since she's not really a main character I'd say that I don't mind its inclusion.

Soon after, she had Jaykit and Oakkit. Moonsong took them to Waterpelt who had gave birth to two kits, both of which were born dead. Waterpelt fostered the kits, letting the rest of the Clan believe that they were hers. After a few moons, Moonsong gave Rainpaw her full medicine cat name: Rainfeather. Every time, some cat mentioned Oakpaw or Jaypaw, Rainfeather would remember how Treeleap had nearly ruined her chances of becoming a medicine cat. Since them, she had hated him but tried not to show it.

That's an interesting turn. And yay, Thrushpelt 2.0! 

Also, did you mean that she hated Treeleap, or her kits?

 A season after this, Moonsong died to greencough, while trying to cure Oakpaw, who also had the illness. When one day, Treeleap came to a Gathering with his kits, that he had had with Owlstar, Rainfeather's heart finally broke. She acted extremely roughly around him and despised him. When the Pack took control and the Clans fought them for the second time, Rainfeather forgave Treeleap, when his son and one of his daughters died. She told Jaysong and Oakclaw the truth and they accepted them both as parents.

25/25 his is such a detailed story for a rather minor character, no wonder they're all so distinct!

Rainfeather is a very well-written character! There were a lot of details about her that I loved. (Although admittedly, as hard as I tried to hide it I may be biased.)

Apologies if this isn't the best review, It's long past the time that I ought to have been asleep. 

Thanks so much for your submission!