"Yes." She nodded before she turned to look at Malcolm. "I'm gonna meet my new brother and sister. Have you met them?"

Malcolm nodded and offered her a smile.

"I've seen them."

"Are they cute?"

Malcolm sighed.

"Sure."

Leah said goodbye to her dad before we left, apparating to the outside of our home.

She looked up at the house with a mix between a smile and a pout. She looked sad but still happy to be home.

I unlocked the door and pushed it open and Leah sprinted inside and towards the kitchen as if she knew that was where George was.

I stepped inside, closing the door behind me.

I could hear Leah shriek with laughter in the kitchen which was a sound I had missed to the point where just hearing it made me tear up.

"Is that Leah?!" Roxanne asked as she came running down the stairs while I walked into the entrance hall.

"She's home." I smiled, and Roxi immediately ran into the kitchen.

When I got in there, Leah was sitting on George's shoulders while Roxi and Leah high-fived as a way of saying hi.

I leaned against the doorway and my eyes let George's. He smiled at me and I smiled back.

With Leah back, I no longer felt like a part of me was missing.

I knew there was gonna be some struggles but I was more than willing to help her get through them.

She had her psychologist but she also had us — her family.

"Can I meet my new brother and sister?" Leah asked as she looked towards the bassinet George had moved into the kitchen to keep an eye on them.

"Why of course." George lifted her up and put her back down before walking with her over to the twins, introducing them to her.

"Where was she?" Roxanne asked and walked over to me, hugging me.

I sighed and wrapped an arm around her.

"My father is an evil man, you see... he had Leah but he's gonna go away for a long time now. Leah is safe." I said and she looked up at me.

"That's good." She said. "I missed her."

"I know." I said and offered a soft smile. "I did too."

"They're so cute!" I heard Leah gush and Roxi and I both looked over to see Leah stand with her hands on the edge of the bassinet, looking at her younger siblings.

She looked up at George.

"Can I call her Mia?"

There was a bark and Charley walked into the room, causing Leah to turn around and gasp.

"Charley!" She yelled. "I've missed you the most!"

I chuckled.

She certainly had a special bond with that ridiculous dog.

That night, Leah fell asleep on the sofa and while George put Roxi to sleep, I picked Leah up which woke her.

"I don't want to sleep in my room." She whispered, wrapping her arms around my necks and her legs around my waist.

"I know, baby." I whispered. "You can sleep with Georgie and I tonight, and in the morning we'll figure something else out."

"I don't want that room anymore." She said while I walked up the stairs with her. "I want the room next to Elsie's."

"Okay, then that's what you'll get." I said. "We'll fix that tomorrow, I promise you."

I walked into me and George's bedroom and put Leah on the bed.

She immediately moved up and climbed under the duvet to lie in the middle.

"Mummy, I forgot Mr Cuddles."

Mr Cuddles was that stuffed animal that she always slept with.

"I'll grab it." I heard George say as he walked past the door, and Leah giggled as she cuddled up with the duvet.

I looked at her, smiling.

"I'm gonna go and get changed, yeah?" I asked. "I'll be right back."

"No!" She exclaimed and sat up. "Don't leave!"

I looked at her, seeing the terrified look on her face.

"I won't." I assured her, walking around the bed to sit against the headboard, and Leah immediately wrapped an arm over my stomach to keep me from leaving. "I won't leave you alone. I promise."

-

It's payday!

Meaning that I'm no longer short of money. I can afford to eat and I am starving!