Thirty-five

So I downloaded tinder.

And I'm a very anxious person so if I talk to guys, I get nervous and I'm currently speaking to one who's 21 years old and one who's 27 years old and I don't know how to speak to them!

The 27-year-old asked me how I was, and I said "well I just hit myself in the eyeball so I'm in pain"

I don't know how to talk to people.

-

When I woke up the next morning, George was already awake, spooning me in bed, with a hand running up and down my arm in a soothing way.

"How long have you been awake for?" I asked, smiling at the feeling of him being this close to me.

"Not long." He answered. "Good morning, gorgeous."

He leaned down to brush his nose against my jaw and I turned my head to kiss his lips.

"Good morning." I smiled, brushing my fingers through his hair and he leaned down to kiss me again.

"We should get a dog." He said, completely random. "When we find a new place to live at home, we should get a dog."

"We definitely should not." I shook my head and George raised his eyebrows at me. "Has Elsie put you up to this? She's been asking for a dog but she's starting Hogwarts next month and will barely get to see it."

"So? She'd still have a dog and Roxi and Leah are still going to be home for several years. Plus, with twins arriving... I think a family dog would be great for us."

I shook my head again.

"We're not getting a dog."

George chuckled and propped himself up on one elbow.

"What've you got against dogs?"

"Everything. They bark, they smell, they drool..."

"Babies are the same."

"Babies don't bark."

"No but they cry."

"Yeah but dogs also bite everything and—"

"Not if you train them not to." He cut me off and I narrowed my eyes at him which made him chuckle.

He leaned down to kiss me before getting off the bed.

"I'll see if there's food in the fridge. They did say it would be stocked." He said. "Anything special you want for breakfast?"

"Your dick." I yawned and laughed when George paused in the doorway, sighing before he looked at me.

"Well you already got that last night, didn't you?"

I sat up, running my hands through my hair as George left the room to walk into the kitchen.

I looked at the room, taking it in now seeing as I didn't have the time for that yesterday. It was a cute bedroom with some painting hanging on the wall above the bed, a lamp over the bed, a side table close to the door, a dresser and some windows showing the view over the neighbourhood.

I got out of bed and got dressed before joining George in the kitchen while pulling my hair back and away from my face.

I paused for a moment, looking at him as he stood there with his back turned towards me — the muscles flexing when he reached for something, or when he rolled his shoulders.

Jesus Christ.

"What are you doing?" He asked, obviously sensing my presence.

"Nothing." I said. "What've your got planned out for today?"

"I was thinking we could go into town and look around, do some exploring." He said and a smile spread across my face.

"I finally get to see Charlottetown."

George turned halfway to look at me.

"Have you brought that book you told me about?"

I nodded and leaned against the kitchen island.

"Of course I did. Going to the world of Anne of Green Gables, I had to bring the book."

George turned back to the food and I pushed myself away from the counter to walk over to him.

As I stood next to him, I ran a hand up his bare back and leaned my head against his arm, looking up at his face.

"You're pretty." I said in a quiet voice and George's serious expression broke when he let out a chuckle, continuing to smile my favourite kind of smile.

The smile that made wrinkles form around his eyes.

"I'm pretty?"

"The prettiest." I smiled, planting a kiss on his arm and he automatically lifted it to wrap it around my neck, kissing my forehead.

"You're cute." He said, and ran his hand down to rest against my arse, pulling me closer to his body. "How're you feeling? Not nauseous or anything?"

I shook my head.

"I actually feel alright. They aren't giving me such a fuss today." I said and placed a hand against my stomach. "So far, at least."

George hummed, running his hand up under my shirt and then let it slide into my pants to grab my arse, making me shriek.

"George!"

He laughed and slid his hand back out before reaching for some fruit for the fruit salad he was making, but I grabbed his wrist.

"Don't touch my arse and then grab some fruit with the same hand." I said. "Wash it, you dirty fucker."

He looked at me and cocked an eyebrows at my language.

"Hormones?"

I shook my head.

"Nah, that's just pure annoyance of you not washing your hands when making food."

He rolled his eyes and shoved me in the shoulder.

"Go unpack and leave me be, miss attitude."

"I'm gonna hit you."

"Be my guest."

I hit him in the head and he laughed, watching me leave the kitchen and grab our bags from the hallway before continuing into the bedroom.

I decided to not only unpack my stuff but also his, filling up the dresser, the small bookshelf and the nightstands with things we'd need.

"Dia?!" George called. "Do you want strawberries in it?!"

I looked towards the kitchen.

"Who doesn't want strawberries?!" I yelled back.

"I was just asking a question!"

"It was a stupid question!"

Alright maybe it's the hormones.

"Shall I take that as a yes?!"

"Yes!"

I could hear him mocking me out in the kitchen but instead of walking out there, I rolled my eyes and felt myself growing annoyed with him while I unpacked our things.

"Idiot." I muttered for myself. "Should divorce you already."

"Excuse me?"

I looked towards the door as George walked in, placing his hands on his hips.

"You were mocking me." I frowned, throwing a shirt at him and he chuckled before pulling it on, then he walked over, placed his hands on my hips from behind and leaned down to kiss my cheek.

"You hit me."

"You gave me permission."

"I know." He chuckled, lowering his head to my neck, kissing my skin. "I'm gonna get dressed and then we'll eat."