House of Lamentation

Start from the beginning

"Geez, you're a weird one."

Mammon's expression then suddenly changed as if he had remembered something important.

"By the way, Diavolo is even more of a big shot. He's so important that he's got his own castle. That's why he doesn't live here with us."

"Is that why his uniform is red while yours are black?" you asked.

"Yeah, you can say so."

"Anyway, the long and short of it is that us seven brothers all live here together. Now, it's time I show you to your room."

"Yeah, that would help."

You follow Mammon as he turns around, but something else caughts your attention.

There's a bulletin board nearby. One of the flyers on it is advertising an opening for a part-time position.

It would be good if I had my own money here... Maybe Mammon knows something about it.

"Hey, don't just stand there with your jaw open. Hurry up, or I'm gonna leave ya behind."

"Mammon, you're the Avatar of Greed so you must know your stuff about this."

"Spit it out. If there's something you wanna ask me, you'd best do it now."

"I want to know about that job listing."

You pointed at the bulletin board.

"Huh? If you're curious about that, you can read the flyer on the bulletin board, can't ya?"

I mean, he's not wrong...

"Now, I'm gonna give you a piece of advice, so listen up." he put on a serious look on his face "If you wanna survive even a day here in the Devildom, you'd better listen real close to what I'm about to say."

So he can be serious sometimes... Weird.

"If it ever looks like a demon is about to attack you...run away. Either that, or die."

You wanted to focus on what the demon was saying, but something else was in your mind. Coming from behind Mammon, you could hear fast and heavy steps and a silhouette was getting closer and closer.

"How about this? I vote for you to die, Mammon!"

"D'ah...! Levi..."

***

You looked behind Mammon to see whom the voice belonged. The boy had pale skin, indigo-colored hair with side-swept bangs that slopes to his left, and eyes that are orange with a purplish gradient.

Such a weeb.

"Uh...l-listen up, human! This here is Leviathan, the Avatar of Envy. He's the third oldest of us brothers. Since his name's sorta hard to say, you can just call him Levi."

Who's the idiot that openly says "his name's sorta hard to say" in front of his brother?!

"Okay then, let's move on!" he started walking down the hallway without looking back.

"Mammon, give me back my money. Then go crawl in a hole and die!" Levi shouted.

"Come on, I told you I'd get it for you! I just need a little more time. And you still want me to die after I give it back?! That's real harsh, Levi!"

God, I wish I had a bucket full of popcorn right now.

"You need a little more time? How much more?"