― 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

Start from the beginning

The assumption led you to think about your cousin. 'Ah..I miss him.'

You decided to research more about volleyball since you were joining the team anyways.

*₊˚──────.♡༉─ ˊˎ-

The next day flew by quickly. 

It was also the day of the manager's trial.

You were anxious about the whole deal.

You met up with Kunimi who offered to help you.

It was just silence between you as you both made your way to the gym.

Kunimi walked beside you, glancing at the shorter girl beside him once in a while. 

He wasn't sure what to do. The silence was killing him as he told himself to do something but couldn't. So he just focused his gaze elsewhere.

You, sometimes, caught him staring at you to which made the boy flustered.

Kunimi couldn't quite grasp the feeling inside of him. Maybe it was awkwardness? Or maybe it was nervousness that he felt.

He should've practiced socializing with others more. 

"S-so, how long have you played volleyball?" You broke the silent atmosphere.

Kunimi flinched slightly. "Since middle school..." 

The black-haired male couldn't help but notice the slight crack in your voice. He was internally panicking at the fact you were talking to him.

Sure this was normal to be talking to people but for Kunimi, that is not the case right now. 

"Do you enjoy doing it?" You added.

"Sometimes," Kunimi gaze at the ceiling and muttered out. "I don't like pushing myself."

You let out an airy laugh. Kunimi did seem to be a slacking off kind of person.

"How about you?" It was Kunimi's turn to ask. "Have you ever played volleyball or enjoyed it?"

"Hmm," You pondered for a while. 

But the question was left unanswered as you both reached your destination, the gym.

Faint noises of volleyball hitting the wooden floor could be heard along with exclamations for a nice spike and such.

You split ways with the wing spiker as he went over to practice while you head to the bench where the coaches were.

"Good evening, sensei," You greeted the two coaches who were observing the volleyball players. 

"Oh, L/N," Coach Mizoguchi stood up. "Here for the trial, I suppose?"

╭────────────.♡..─╮

[ CHAPTER SEVENTEEN]

COMPLETED! ✔

╰─..♡.────────────╯

︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵ ⚘݄*₊˚

⎯⎯ ୨ author's note ୧ ⎯⎯

we had an opening ceremony
today and the chat log was weird
there're people making friends or
flirting. a seni threatened to hunt
us down lmao

anyways, here's a chapter before i 
start class!