― 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵ ⚘݄*₊˚

︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵ ⚘݄*₊˚

「 CHAPTER THIRTEEN 」

― PACKING YOUR BAGS, you made your way towards the door, exiting your room.

You saw your mom in the kitchen with an apron around her waist while she makes breakfast.

"Morning mom," You greeted her with a hug as she settled the plates down on the table.

"Good morning honey!" Your mother chirped in a singing voice. "Slept well?"

You sat down on a chair with your cheeks on your palm. You gave no response but hummed instead. 

Your mom looked at you with a look filled with concern. She's never seen you like this before. Every morning you'd wake up with energy and would often walk around. 

"What's wrong sweetie? You seemed down," Your mom voiced out, her voice laced with distress. "You're really quiet, like really really."

"Hm? I'm always like this," You looked up to face the woman in front of you. "What do you mean?"

A sigh escaped your mother's mouth. Her eyes were focused on you as she elaborate, "Y/N...you seemed tired these days. You went to bed later than usual, making you sleepy in the morning. You seemed to be thinking a lot, spacing out all the time." 

She paused a bit before continuing, "Not to mention, you've been a tad bit happy now too. Is something bothering you?"

Lost in your thoughts, you didn't hear your mom calling out to you until she snapped her fingers in front of your face. "There it is again. Honey..."

Taking a deep breath, you lift your gaze up to meet with the soft e/c orbs of your mother's eyes. 

"Mom, do you remember the student council recruitment?" You asked while poking on the omelet with the silver fork in your hands. 

Your mom nodded, her gaze still on your form. "What about it?"

"I turned in my application," You told her as your hands stopped poking the food before you, your eyes, once again, cast downwards. "I joined the council."

Lifting your head, you gave her a closed-eyed smile. 

"My sweet little girl..." Your mother began as her eyes started to water. 

"And I kind of joined another club...?"

Cutting a piece of the dish, you happily took a bite. "This omelet is delicious, thanks, mom!"

You suddenly felt hands wrap around your shoulders. It was your mom.

"My sweet baby boo-bun, you're finally coming out of your little shell..! I'm so- hic- happy!"

You patted her shoulders, another smile gracing your rosy lips. 

"I know mom, I'm happy too! Thanks..."

The sound of feet tapping against the floor could be heard as someone was walking down the stairs. Your mom made her way towards the staircase. 

It was your father. With his side bag slung on his shoulders, he tried to put on his socks. 

"Dear~" Your mom ran to the man who was trying to put on his socks. "Our sweet baby is- sniffs- growing up!"

Your dad gave a questioning look, confused. 

"I joined the student council plus another club. Mom's very happy about that," You informed him, waving the silver utensil in your hands around in an explaining manner. 

Mouth agape, your dad was completely baffled to hear that. "Oh, splendid!" 

It was only a moment before your parents both crushed you into the warm family hug.

DING! 

The sound of the doorbell interrupted. 

You stood up and grabbed your bag. Putting the plate into the sink, you turned to the door. 

"I'll get it ," You said as you tie your shoelace.

╭────────────.♡..─╮

[ CHAPTER THIRTEEN ]

COMPLETED! ✔

╰─..♡.────────────╯

︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵ ⚘݄*₊˚