Life is random at the most unwanted times

Chapter 2 – Tanya Kindley–

I just happened to be walking down the street and I heard and many feet clunking on the pavement behind me. I turned around and I saw a boy with a back-to-front cap on and I saw a sweet golden dog trailing after him. I glanced at him quickly and suddenly, before I could stop my mouth, I blurted out, “Hey, you’re the dude who threw that mud ball at that mouthy bitch, right?” I blushed realising I just made a random comment to a random boy I do not really know. “Er....yeah, I guess,” he smiled at me awkwardly.

 Our school had a huge population of 10,000 and so I met someone new everyday which was a good thing and a bad thing. When I first met Carla she smirked rudely at my side pony-tail and my mud stained trainers whilst fondling her perfectly straightened hair. She then started to hurt my best friend’s feelings. Rhianna did not mind at first but then Carla went a little too far and started to bitch about us so much that I ended up slapping her. Oops, my mistake, this started the war between us. I was thinking about my best friend, Rhianna, too much which I jumped when his dog jumped up and licked my knee. “Oh, sorry,” He said while putting his dog on a lead, “What’s your name?” he asked When he looked into my eyes I felt some type of sweetness and I felt a crush brewing up. My angel conscience whispered, “NO NO Tanya you do not have time for crushes!” but I turned a blind eye and listened to what the devil inside me had to say. “YES, Tanya KISS HIM NOWWW!”  I murmured shut up at them without realising that I was actually screaming it at him.

“Erm... sorry to bother you,” He coughed.

“OH god! Sorry I didn’t mean it I was.... talking to myself?” I said too quickly.

“Hey, so what’s your name?” He asked again with a warm smile.

“It’s Tanya, what’s yours?” I asked while patting his dog on the head.

“It’s Olly and my dog is Maxi,” he said while running after Maxi who was leaving a trail of urine after him. I waited for him at the edge of the pavement and suddenly someone sent me a text. It said: HEY TANYA THIS IS IMPORTANT; YOU BETTER BE BACK SOON AND TURN OFF THE OVEN OR THE CAKE WOULD BURN, MUM X. I was going to reply but then Olly came back.

 “Sorry about that,” Olly politely said.

“It’s fine, erm… sorry to ask you this but have you done the history homework?....” I asked thinking about Mr Topson’s glaring face.

“OH FU.. I mean, dam!” he rubbed his forehead,  “I was just going to Freddy’s house so then I could photocopy his worksheet and I then I forgot because I was distracted…”

“It’s ok, I haven’t done it either,” I said sympathetically. My angel conscience spoke up, “You could offer him a photocopy of your worksheet and invite him inside.” I ignored the goody-two-shoes conscience and turned to the devil once again. “INVITE HIM IN AND DO WHAT YOU CAN GIRLLL!!!!” I swatted both of them away and said in my mind, “I think I will stick with my OWN opinions now!”

“um… Olly this might sound really weird and everything but if you come round mine I could photocopy my worksheet and we can do it together?” I asked with an uncertain voice. My angel conscience spoke up in an alarmed tone, “Tanya, why are you inviting a random boy into your own home? Remember, STRANGER DANGER!” I was fed up and accidently cried out, “SHUT UP AND LEAVE ME ALONE!” Olly flinched and looked at me shyly whilst scratching his neck nervously. “Oooops, so sorry I have weird voices in my head, in a way.....” I said pleadingly, “But you are welcome to come back to my home first – if you aren’t creeped out?”

“Er.... hey it’s ok, you aren’t creepy but first before we go back to yours, I think that you should visit the doctor’s to check out your head... Hearing voices sometimes means you have something wrong; maybe a concussion?,” he said awkwardly while pointing his finger to the direction to the doctors. “Its fine,” I laughed weirdly, “I just speak to myself frequently.” He smiled and we went to the direction to my house.