[ 22 ] Hot and cold

Start from the beginning

Jeongguk didn't know what to do. He wasn't really enjoying himself right now, although he couldn't deny the blatant truth that was shoved into his face: Taehyung's warmth was quite pleasant and not unwelcome at all.

He just didn't want to cuddle, and even less be cuddled.

Taehyung's arms were encaging him, locking him in place and it was suffocating. It reminded him of things he'd rather forget about. And the proximity didn't make it any easier for him to relax and enjoy the moment.

So he just lied here, eyes wide open and fists clenched as memories flooded his foggy mind.

Paint. A lot of paint. Blue, green, yellow... and red.

So much red paint.

Red paint splashed over the canvas, spread on the floor, scattered on the walls. Red paint coating the milky white sheets, creating messy designs on the bed. A mix of red and blue; purple.

Purple on his skin; staining his flawless body.

And in the background, faint noises. Voices, a lot of them. Mostly male.

Males in white, looking at him. Their dull eyes, scrutinizing his every move. Watching as he painted himself in more colors.

Paint... more paint.

The usual white room turning red as he swayed his brush back and forth, accidentally splashing one of the men.

And then silence. A deafening silence, broken with the loud thud of a body hitting the ground. The steps of the men coming closer, echoing though the boy's ears.

They were the ones who took his colors away, replacing it all with white.

Pure white, ivory white, dazzling white, pearly white.

Deadly white.

They took away his colors, what made him, him. Turning him into a lifeless ghost wandering around, looking for its soul.

"He sold it to the devil!" They said.

He didn't believe there was a devil at all. He didn't believe in what they were all saying.

He just wanted his ability to see colors back. And if he couldn't, then he'd rather not have anything at all.

By now, small droplets of sweat were already dripping down the blond's forehead, and his breathing got heavier, the pictures in his mind still fresh, as if it happened just yesterday.

Taehyung's arms tightened around his waist and he gasped.

He remembered exactly how it felt.

Haru's arms around his waist. So soft and comforting. But suddenly it switched back to the white room and he wasn't there anymore.

He was outside, enjoying all the colors.

Leaving Jeongguk to die inside.

I need a walk. Jeongguk grabbed both of Taehyung's hands and swatted them away to be able to sit up on the bed. He rubbed at his eyes with the back of his own hands and sighed, shaking his head to get rid of all the memories.