"That isn't an excuse, Simon, to treat me like I'm not there. Who was there for you when you got bullied?"

"You." He muttered.

"Who beat the crap out if the bullies?"

"You."

"So why do you act like i mean nothing to you?" With that, I walked to the other side of the van and leant against it, sighing in content.

I blocked everything out. That is, until I saw someone in front of me.

Before I could do anything, whoever it was held up a pole and whacked me.

●♧♧●

(When the symbol looks like ●♧♧● it means it is in Alec's POV, not Verena's)

I finished doing the perimeter check and went back to the fire. Verena was with the mundane or Izzy.

I was blocking their conversation out, keeping an eye on my surroundings but turned to Izzy when she went to leave with the mundane.

"Where is it going?" I asked her and she smirked.

"We'll be right back." I gave her a pointed look and she shrugged. "What? He passed the time."

"I can hear you guys, you know?" I rolled my eyes and checked the surroundings again.

Where was Verena?

Something was making me feel worried whilst something else made me feel...un-bothered, like her disappearance wasn't something to be worried about.

I don't know what it is about her but I like being around her. She brings out the part of me my mother locked away with her training on being a Shadowhunter.

And, where I think Clary is a whiny, half Shadowhunter, I believe that with some studying on the runes and demons and laws, Verena could make one hell of a Shadowhunter.

The door to the City of Bones slammed open and Clary came out, Jace following.

I stalked up to my parabatai and frowned.

"What happened? What did you find out?" I asked and Jace sighed.

"Valentine is Clary's father." Oh.

"Wait a minute. You’re telling me this girl shows up out of nowhere and she’s Valentine’s daughter? Did it occur to you that she might be a spy? This might be part of her plan?" I excluded Verena in the little speech. Everyone knew that her and Clary had different fathers.

"That's enough, Alec." Jace sternly said and I frowned.

"Valentine...if he catches on that Rena is a pure Nephilim–"

"Do you think I planned for my mom to get kidnapped? Or… or for Dot to be taken? Or to have a giant sword dangle over my head and find out that my father is one of the most dangerous people in the world? Really?" Clary spat and I rolled my eyes. She interrupted my warning.