PROLOGUE

“I will never leave you, Chaeyoung. Never!” Mina's words has been echoing inside her head like a broken cassette. Still in disbelief, she lowered her head, facing the wooden table with liquors and rubbed her forehead like she did the most damn thing in the world ever.

She knows she's not the one who cut the ties between the two of them. But, despite of everything, she blames herself for making her feel that she isn't enough and that she isn't worth to keep at all. Chaeyoung wanted her to realise that she's the one and only star that exists in her universe and she's willing to give what she deserves.

But, she thought, she did her best but it wasn't good enough. Chaeyoung have no idea where she failed or what she did that made Mina gave up on their relationship that was built for years. All she knew, is that, she put so much dedication to their relationship and she loves Mina with all her heart and soul.

“How did you do this to me, Mina? You're such a liar!” she yelled in nowhere with a heavy chest, tears escaping from her eyes and bare palms grinding against her cheeks to dry the tears that keeps on streaming down below. She can't stop her tears anymore, it almost felt like a broken faucet that can't stop itself on shedding water.

She nibbled her lower lips as she taste the tears that was a product of her heartbreak, “You said you'll never leave me, but why?” she paused, trying to comprehend the process. Her head was bombarded with several questions and doubts.

“You lied to me, you broke your promises!” she cried her heart out. She then took another shot of vodka and savoured them on her lips.

It was quarter 10 PM, the dorm was covered by mere silence and Chaeyoung's sobs is the only noise that could be heard. Her dorm mates and also her ‘friends’, Dahyun and Tzuyu went out to attend a birthday party of a close friend. Chaeyoung was also invited but she couldn't be bothered to join them to celebrate their friend's another-year-of-existence on this cruel world.

And glad, Dahyun and Tzuyu are fine with it. They knew Chaeyoung is in pain and that she needs someone to listen to her rants, but, Chaeyoung needs some time alone. She needs a large span of time to unwind, loosen up, and refrain herself from the cruel fate.

“Fck, promises. Full of lies and no assurance!” she clutched her fist and slammed the wooden table that made a loud bang. She then felt a strange pang of pain in her chest, it always happen when she's outraged and losing her temper. The bottles of alcohols were in disarray and the wooden table became wet as the vodkas scattered everywhere and flowed like flood.

“Argh, I hate this!” she mumbled, she then quickly search for an unused clothe to wipe the table and dry it up.

“If I could only fix my heart just like the table. I could've wash out this pain all away...” Chaeyoung whispered in a desperate tone. It felt like she was already homeless the moment Mina left her; she was her home, her safe haven and comfort zone.

But everything changed by just a single snap.

Chaeyoung's vision became blurry and her eye felt already exhausted and fatigued, not just because she was sleepy, but also, she's tired seeing things around her being in a good state while she's still in a bad shape.

Don't get Chaeyoung wrong.

She's tired from everything, and to sleep is the only gateway to escape from the painful reality. Sleeping really became the remedy of those lonely people to forget their miseries even in a short span of time.

She was about to head to her bedroom to rest when the door knob swiveled and the door squealed that made Chaeyoung feel anxious. She then head her pace to the door despite of being half-drunk.