Kiara nods in agreement along with the rest of us. "I couldn't imagine if it was something more serious though, after everything Lena's been going through that we didn't even know about..." Kiara states with a sad expression on her face.

"Why do you think she didn't tell us?" She adds, her eyes meeting mine as she asks the group the questions, although I knew it was more intended for me to answer.

I clear my throat as I sit up straight. "I don't know... Maybe you guys just knew her family longer and she didn't want you guys knowing what had happened? Anyways it's her personal issues, Kie... I'm not sure any of you have a right to be upset that she didn't tell you. It's not an obligation." I lie, not meaning for my words to come out so harsh as my eyes snap towards JJ.

I knew the reason, but it's not like I could just tell her the reason she's become so distant is that she's in love with the guy you're macking on and it kills her to see you together.

No one said anything else, and as Lena returned storming away from Logan ignoring his calls she said to John B. "Can I crash at your place tonight?"

"Of course, Lena. You can stay anytime you want." John B says standing, "Let's go."

As I stood outside John B's van with JJ, Pope and Kiara, he went to pay for parking in the hospital parking lot. I watched as Lena said goodbye to Ayden in his car.

There was a small amount of distance between them, and I found myself grinning at the smile on Lena's face that Ayden had caused even after everything that had gone down tonight. As Lena steps forward and wraps her arms around her, I can't help but glance towards JJ.

His eyes were on them as well, watching them. My smile falters as I watch him turn away as soon as Lena's hugging Ayden, he readjusts his hat so it is covering his eyes and leans his shoulder against the side of the van. No words come from him, he doesn't even pay attention to John B as he returns shouting for everybody to get in.

It was at that moment I knew Lena Boggs meant more to JJ Maybank than he was letting on... And it made me question everything he's done.

Lena Boggs

By the time we all got back to John B's house, it was nearly four in the morning. We're passing a joint back and forth as JJ sits in the chair opposite to us, his hat pulled down over his eyes and arms crossed over his chest. I could tell something was bothering him the second he denied taking a hit off the joint me and John B shared.

"Well," John B announced as he pushed the finished joint into the ashtray. "I'm off to bed." Sarah had already gone off into John B's room the second we got home. He wraps my legs that were on his lap and placed them on the couch as he stands.

"My Dad's gettin' up early in the morning for work, so I'm sorry if he wakes you guys." John B tells us, and I feel my heart skip a beat knowing that I'll be sleeping out here with JJ alone.

"And don't you dare leave before I wake up tomorrow!" John B points at me, his eyes squinting and bloodshot red causing me to erupt into a fit of giggles at the thought of my eyes looking the same way. "I uh... I won't." I stuttered as he waved a goodnight.

"Goodnight Bird," JJ spoke his first words since arriving back at John B's. "Goodnight bird shit!" John B calls back, making me snort.

JJ's eyes meet mine for a second before he looks back down. I pull my bottom lip between my teeth before making a psh sound at him. His eyes meet mine again, then looks down at my hand that's patting the spot beside me.

With some hesitation, he moves off the chair and makes his way to sit beside me. I find myself staring at the side of his face, "What's wrong?"

He glances at me for a second before looking down at the coffee table. "You should go to sleep, it's been a long night for you." I shake my head, grabbing his arm as he tries to stand up. "JJ, tell me what's wrong."