Chapter 6: "Timing is Not on Our Side

For the rest of the week, Junkyu spent his time soul searching. He explored every corners of the Eco Park, did some reading and writing songs again. With his emotional and mental state, words and melodies are dancing and flooding nonstop in his head. He was able to make 10 songs with that short span of time. We know a lot od brilliant song writers  can do more, but knowing Kyu's personality, you would know that half the time of each day .... he is sleeping, of course thats a no surprise for anybody who knows him. 

Back in YG, Inside Hyunsuk's Studio:

    "Hyunsuk Hyung," It's been 5 days since that night.  4 days of trying not to think of Junyu, until Ruto finally got the courage to ask Hyunsuk abouf him. 

      "Do you have news of him? Have u asked and talk to Jihoon hyung already? Have he called Kyu? How was he Hyung?", Ruto bombarded Hyunsuk nonstop questions that caught the older guy off guard.

     "Yah! Haruto, one a time please!" He cut the younger one from spitting questions like a diss track. "I know you and I are rappers but slow down will you, you sound more like an FBI. Hyunsuk tried to divert the scenario into something less serious.

    But looking at the boy's eyes, made him think twice. "Sorry Rutoya, I haven't found the timing to talk to Ji yet, he's been crazily busy too in their preparations. He's monitoring the dance line members and his own solo too. Don't worry, tonight I will make sure to ask an appointment from him so we could talk privately. The conversation will need a proper venue. So I'll ask Jihoon to come over later. Will that be ok for you?" He admit and proposed finally to end the agony of this lovesick boy.

      "Yes Hyung! Thank so much! And I'm sorry if i tend to burden u with my affairs. I just don't have someone to turn to with situations like these happens." Ruto apologized by being to pushy but at the same time excited to keep tabs to his MIA Koala.

Before Hyunsuk can reply, a sudden knock on the door interrupted him.

    "Hyung, its Jeongwoo, can i come in?" Woo aked Hyunsuk while knocking.

    "Come in, its open Jeongwoo-ya!" He shouted back.

     "Annyeong," Woo, bowed to Hyunsuk courteously, " Hyung..... oh! Rutoya you're here!?" Woo just noticed Ruto sitting at the corner end of the room. "Sorry I didn't see u were there", he mused. 'Did I disturb uou two Hyung?" Woo diverted his question to Hyunsuk.

     "No it's ok Woo, we were just talking about our song'", he lied. Looking at Ruto and winked.

     "What can i do for u Jeongwoo-ya?" Hyunsuk now focused on Jeongwoo, while Ruto just chilled down in the corner.

    "We just want to ask for your inputs on this song we choose for our Vocal Trinity reunion performance with Yedam and Junkyu Hyung reunion." Started Jeongwoo as in intro to his true intention.

     "Ah, so you three planned to redo the Vocal Trinity Stage?! That's awesome Woo!", excitedly Hyunsuk pat Jeongwoo's shoulder while checking the ipad Jeongwoo handed him. He played the demo of their recording without second thought.

(Note: Pretend this song was sang by the Vocal Trinity)

    The song started with Yedam, with a hint of harmony along some parts. Haruto already felt the chills already hearing the harmony. He already recognize the voices behind those harmony. Who doesn't anyway.

      Junkyu has a unique voice, Jeongwoo on the other hand is unique too that's why they were called the Vocal Trinity. Each of the 3 manifests a distinctive tone l, each unique but when they harmonize together, the sound is ethereal.  

     Hyunsuk waited to hear Junkyu's part for confirmation, before he paused it. "When did you recorded this?" He asked Woo.

    "2 days tops, Junkyu Hyung just sent the final demo with his part this morning." Jeongwoo innocently answered.

     "Did Junkyu came over? You mean he's back now?" Ruto couldn't contain his surprise and blurted the question without thinking.

    Hyunsuk looked at Ruto to send him signal to calm down.  "Ani, we sent him the recording with our parts then he just merge his parts to ours."Jeongwoo explained.

   "He didn't have equipments at his parents house since he started composing and self recording here in Seoul and in our dorm. So all his equipments are here. I don't think he brought something when he left in a hurry." Hyunsuk wondered.

     "Oh, I don't think he did it at his parents. He said he did it at his friend's house," Jeongwoo interjected.

      "What the actual F**k!!", Ruto, exploded. Jeongwoo was taken a back by his friend's outburst. It was the first time to see Haruto lost his cool.

      "Yah! Watanabe, your mouth!", Hyunsuk reprimanded him. And rushed to stop him from talking any further.  "Hold down your Sh*t, if You don't want Jeongwoo to be suspicious of You and Kyu's status." He whispered while pushing him back to the couch.

    "Is something wrong Hyung? Is there something I shouldn't know? And, yah Haruto, why are you yelling at me?! Jeongwoo shout back at him after asking Hyunsuk his first question.

      " Aniya2x Jeongwoo-ya! Ruto was just surprise to know cause he thought Junkyu was busy with his family and he didn't expect him to be working. That's why Ruto's been patient not to disturb him there." Hyunsuk's mind speedily construct various reasons to escape from the young boy's scrutinizing eyes.

      "Oh, ok." Woo shortly replied. Hyunsuk finally breath after holding it for long waiting for Woo's response, worried whether the younger believed him or not. But what Woo said next, made Hyunsuk grow 10 years older!

       "We didn't know Kyu Hyung wasn't supposed to be  disturbed. We talked every night, aside from our daily group VC with Yedam." Woo added. His words are like acid and salt to Haruto's wounded Heart.

     Hyunsuk was too stunned to react, and stay rooted on his place when Ruto bolted out from the room running Towards God knows where. He just hope the hurting boy had the slightest sanity to keep low and just stay within the building.

🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️

---  6   ----

(Too lazy to proofread)