BE CAREFUL MAKING WISHES IN THE DARK, CAN'T BE SURE WHEN THEY'VE HIT THEIR MARK

"it's a shame, isn't it," taehyung smirks lazily, tilting his head. "v."

jeongguk exhales, shakily, eyes on taehyung, "what?" his head hurts, jaw propped up by taehyung's gun. hands bound behind his back.

"v," taehyung repeats, keeping one foot between jeongguk's legs. jeongguk's eyes waver just for a second.

'call me by your name?' jeongguk frowns. 'sick games, sick games,' he thinks, trying to keep his eyes steady with a gun at his throat. he gulps, and his adam's apple touches the cold barrel. sweat drips from his hair, onto his nose.

taehyung laughs at jeongguk's position, finally jumping on the bed and rolling to the other side. he clutches his stomach, going crazy, while jeongguk is finally able to breathe, looking down and trying to suppress his tears.

taehyung props himself on his elbow, looking at jeongguk intently as he's just beginning to falter. jeongguk glares down at him, despite eyes starting to gloss over. taehyung seems in fascination, like he has never seen someone cry before.

or jeongguk, cry before. taehyung smiles.

"you're v, right?" he asks, 𝘪𝘯𝘯𝘰𝘤𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘭𝘺.

it takes jeongguk a few seconds. good few seconds. but when he realises- jeongguk's eyes widen, mouth opens. body tenses. taehyung is clutching his stomach again, wiping his non-existent tears. laugh resonating in jeongguk's ears.

𝙥𝙖𝙧𝙩 𝙞. 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙝𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙜𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝙞𝙣𝙘𝙤𝙜𝙣𝙞𝙩𝙤

"look at the comments, namjoon hyung!" jeongguk excitedly shoves yoongi, and sits in between them. yoongi grunts, settling himself comfortably, thumbs doing a dance on what to reply to his secretary. "one of them even said how 'jk' and you are so similar."

"don't you feel offended?" namjoon asks, blunt, adjusting the laptop on his lap.

jeongguk pauses, looking up, thinking about it. "nah, nothing to feel offended about. you have been my inspiration, it's an honour, rather. kind of, yea," he shrugs, going back.

"it's about that- yesterday's rap?" namjoon glances just a bit towards the mobile screen, before turning back to write his own report. "yes!" jeongguk exclaims, "when you dissed the government and threw shade at the recent bank loot." he scrolls down and hearts the comments.

namjoon chuckles, yoongi groans, "god, that was so gen-z."

"what was?" jeongguk straightens, reading a critical comment, frowning. "threw shade, dissed this. that. all that."

jeongguk concentrates for a minute as he types out a reply, then sighing and tossing the cell aside, "but you say these phrases too. why are you so pissy today?" he looks at yoongi.

yoongi ignores. glued to his phone, hand on his head. "don't mind him," namjoon chuckles, "his station is forced to close for another week." jeongguk's mouth forms an 'o'. he zones out a little, thinking about it. "v is really doing too much," he decides, rubbing his chin, "recently."

"but not enough to put him in public spotlight," yoongi groans, throwing his head back on the couch.

"he 𝘪𝘴 in public spotlight-"

"not like that. i mean, not enough to cause 𝘧𝘦𝘢𝘳. yet. though i don't know what his aim is. how 𝘧𝘢𝘳 his aim is."

namjoon taps on google, keeping his notebook aside, "he means v's still not under the government radar, for immediate action against him. police can do so much. so much until they get the-" namjoon drops his pen, rubbing his index and thumb together. "𝘤𝘢𝘴𝘩𝘩𝘩𝘩," jeongguk drags, laughing. namjoon hums. "shit is corrupt. hyung if you're gon' copy from other journalists then what's the point?"