Chapter 25- Daddy Issues

Začať od začiatku

Alberto clenched his fist. "I already have a home, and it's here. And I already have the best dad in the world, anyway- and it's NOT you."

Bruno looked into Alberto's eyes and frowned.

Alberto felt a boost of confidence inside of him. He wasn't going to let his father take control of him any longer.

Bruno shook his head, "No no no. I can't.." he looked up at Massimo who was standing behind Alberto and pointed to him. "This man.. is your father? HA! That's funny, Alberto. Real funny.."

"Stop it!" Alberto yelled

"No, you stop!" Bruno yelled. "Stop being so difficult!"

Alberto looked his father dead in the eyes. "Massimo is the best dad ever, better than you ever were!!"

Alberto felt Massimo put a hand on his shoulder, which comforted him. Alberto looked over at his father once again, who gradually started to move closer.

"I- think you need to leave.." Alberto said grimly.

Bruno frowned, "Look, Alberto.."

"Please, just leave. Now!"

Bruno scoffed and stood up, looking over at everyone else in the room. His eyes scanned them all and he shook his head in disapproval. "Do you realize how long it took me to get here? You haven't changed one bit Alberto, eh?"

Massimo was still placing his hand on Alberto's shoulder."I think Alberto is right," he said.

Bruno frowned, "Yeah yeah- it's time for me to go. I get it.. have it your way."

Alberto refused to look at his father, who was starting to pack up his things to leave. Alberto just couldn't trust him. After the years of lies, he refused to even go with his father, even for just one day. Besides, he already had Massimo and Giulia, the best family he could've ever asked for.

Bruno looked over at Alberto, "Pathetic.."

Alberto felt his blood boil, knowing that this was the typical behavior of his father.

"Y'know, nobody's ever gonna love you if you act like this, Alberto," Bruno said accusingly.

Alberto felt the anger boil inside of him. How could his father have the audacity to say something like that?

"At least I'm not YOU!" Alberto shouted back. "And you're wrong, I already have someone who loves me, and I love him back just as much!"

Bruno had a disgusted look on his face. "I should've never even came back in the first place. You're a monster.."

"GET OUT!" Alberto yelled.

Bruno frowned at his son and walked outside and aggressively slammed the door shut. Alberto refused to look at him or even acknowledge his father. Right after the door shut, Alberto felt himself calm down now that he was alone with the people he cared about most.

Massimo and Giulia both comforted Alberto, who was still staring out the window angrily.

"I'm so sorry that happened, figlio," Massimo said sympathetically. "I know that must've been frustrating."

It was, Alberto thought to himself. If he was being honest, the last person he was expecting to enter that door was his father. Alberto didn't even know that Bruno wanted to see him again? In fact, was that even why he had returned? It felt weird knowing that Bruno just sort of appeared randomly: there was no warning whatsoever. Alberto just wasn't sure how to feel about if, but he knew that he didn't need to worry about him. He already had an amazing father.