Chapter 12- Alberto's Secret Revealed

"Alberto? What is it?" Giulia asked.

Alberto told himself to focus. They were both sitting on Giulia's bed after Luca had left to go ask his parents if he could stay over. This was the moment that Alberto would finally tell someone that he loved Luca.

"Giulia, I..." Alberto paused before taking in a deep breath. "I love Luca. A lot. I love him so much, and not just as a friend. I've felt this way ever since we won the race last year, and I've never told anyone before."

Alberto felt tears dripping down his face as he panicked. He didn't bother to look up at Giulia; he was too scared

"I.." Alberto sniffed. "I just didn't want to tell you. I was scared you weren't going to like me anymore. I just couldn't tell Luca.. I had to tell someone else."

Alberto's face turned to a shade of blue and purple as he felt more tears fall down his cheek. Alberto didn't think he was normal, he always told himself that there was something wrong with him.

You're a monster, Alberto! A monster!

He just didn't want his sister to say the same thing. He wouldn't be able to take the disappointment from his family members. The dissatisfaction after they learned he had fallen in love with his best friend.

Giulia sat there, watching Alberto cry. His shoulders were shaking and he wasn't saying anything else. Without thinking, she grabbed Alberto's shoulders and pulled him in for a hug.

"Alberto..." she said.

Alberto continued to cry on Giulia's shoulders, "I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I shouldn't be acting like this."

Giulia shook her head, "Alberto, don't apologize. You have nothing to apologize for."

Alberto raised his head for the first time to look at Giulia. His eyes were still filled with tears. "Really?" he asked.

Giulia smiled and nodded, "Of course. I'm so happy you told me, Al. I promise I won't tell anyone, you can trust me. But.."

Alberto panicked again, "But what?"

Giulia started to laugh, which startled Alberto. "Al... I kind of already knew."

"W-what?" he stuttered. "How?"

Giulia wiped her tears away, "You acted so awkward in front of him, Alberto. You would constantly blush and act all funny. It wasn't too hard to tell haha. Also, whenever you wrote Luca letters, you put your name with a heart at the end."

Alberto laughed for the first time, "Oh..."

"Don't worry, it's okay haha," Giulia exclaimed. "Luca always said it was just because you missed him so much, but I could always tell that wasn't the reason."

Alberto sat up, calming himself down. "Wow, Giulia..... I don't know what to say."

Giulia put an arm around his shoulder, "Don't worry Al, you don't need to say anything."

"Thanks Giulia, how about that," Alberto said.

Giulia chuckled, "Or that, you could just say that."

The two sat on the bed for a little bit longer, because Giulia wanted to make sure Alberto was comfortable before leaving.

"You okay, Al?" she asked.

Alberto nodded his head, "Yeah, I'm good."

"Good," Giulia said. "And again, thanks for telling me Al. Even though I already knew it."

Alberto jokingly punched her in the shoulder, "Oh shut up."

Giulia was happy he was back in his regular mood, "Yeah, you're welcome!"