What I want right now is to take her back to my bed. We've had a fantastic evening, and I don't want to ruin it with all this stuff with my family.

Besides, I have not had my fill of her yet.

I'm not sure I ever will.

It's strange because I don't know what it is about her that is so different from all the other women I've slept with. Of course, she is beautiful, but so were they. There's something about her that makes her different, better, more important to me but I've yet to put my finger on it.

When I walk back into the living room with the wine, Aurora is curled up on the sofa with her feet hidden beneath her. She looks incredibly at ease, and I can't stop the smile that covers my face in reaction to seeing her like that in my home.

I've never tried to make the women I sleep with feel welcome in my apartment before. I've always been a fuck and chuck sort of guy, until now that is.

I slide onto the sofa next to her and pull her against myself, putting an arm around her. I need to touch her. I grab the remote control for the television from the sofa beside us and quickly flick the TV on to the news. I check the headlines before turning my head towards Aurora.

'Is there anything else I can get you? You aren't hungry or anything?'

'No, thank you.' Aurora grins at me before looking back at the television.

'Will you stay?' I ask, and I can hear an urgency in my voice that I don't recognise.

Before meeting Aurora, I had rules for everything from work to dating and from dating to dealing with my family. I'd never allowed any of the women I dated to stay the night in this apartment until I met Aurora a few nights ago.

But one of the things I like most about being with Aurora is waking up with her in the morning, her hair spread out on my pillow with a smile on her face as she dreams.

I sound like a sap.

Ayden would laugh at me. He'd enjoy this.

'Sure.'

Her eyes are sparkling as I almost sigh with relief.

'Do you want to go to bed?' I ask her quietly while stroking her hair gently.

'I guess I could sleep.' She yawns.

'Who said anything about sleeping?' I wink at her.

A second barely passes before she's blushing again.

I love teasing that blush out of her. I take her by the hand and pull her to her feet. I take the wine glass that she's holding before leading her down the hall towards my bedroom. Stopping momentarily, to enter the kitchen.

Aurora pauses in the hallway, waiting for me as I place our empty glasses in the sink in the kitchen.

She looks stunning standing there in my blue shirt that shows off her legs perfectly. She's barefoot with one leg curled around the other as she leans against the door post.

I feel myself getting hard just looking at her. I stride across the kitchen and through the open door, back into the hallway and practically drag Aurora into my bedroom.

By the time, I've got her on my bed, I've already got the buttons of the shirt undone, and she's completely naked underneath it.

She's exquisite.

I kiss every inch that I've uncovered. I want to take my time with her, relishing in her, but I don't think I have the self-control. I remove my clothes as quickly as I can.

I kiss her. She kisses me back, and it's like I'm a drowning man getting my first burst of oxygen at the surface of the darkest, most cavernous ocean imaginable.

... This part of the story is a little too naughty for Wattpad, but you can read it here: https://geni.us/EnforcedRules ...

Sometime later, she's curled up against my side like a tiny kitten, but I can't sleep. I stare at the ceiling, not knowing what I'm looking for. I glance down at the girl beside me before climbing out of bed. Looking down at her, I see how her body searches me out as if her subconscious feels the loss of physical connection.

I walk out of the room and into my closet, grabbing a pair of jogging pants. I pad barefoot through my apartment to the stairs and head up to a part of my home that Aurora has never seen.

I contemplate going into my home office and doing a couple of hours of work but that is the last thing I want to do, and I don't want to exercise, so the gym isn't an option either. So instead, I turn left and head into my apartment's second living room. Two of the walls are made completely of glass and allow me the most beautiful views of the city.

Heading over to the bar, I pour myself a whiskey before going to stand at the window to look out. Even though it's cold out, I step out onto the balcony for some fresh air.

I don't know how long I stand there lost in my thoughts about Aurora, my thoughts about my mother and my brother, and my father's company... but she takes me completely by surprise when she wraps an arm around my waist.

'You're freezing,' she says shyly.

I look down at her. She's wrapped up in a bed sheet with her hair flying about in the wind. If I had a camera or my phone handy, I'd snap a quick picture because that image would be iconic. I'd print it on a massive canvas and put it on the wall.

She looks sexy as hell.

'I'm sorry.'

I'm not sure what I'm apologising for. Perhaps leaving her alone downstairs? I'm not one for apologising usually.

'Couldn't sleep?' It's a question I don't think she needs an answer to. She already knows. I just smile at her.

 I just smile at her