Chapter One

Landon

Forty-eight hours. That's all it has been since the moment I first saw her across the bar at The Kent Mockery, one of my best friends, Jarrod's clubs. It has literally been a couple of days, but she's somehow managed to get me to do things I would never normally do.

I've broken rules in the last forty-eight hours that I'm convinced I've never broken until now.

I could check them off on my fingers if I wasn't too scared to realise just how much she's affecting me, the things I've done with her that I'd never have done with or for another woman and the things I've allowed her to do that I would never have allowed anyone else to do.

What's scarier is the fact that I can't bring myself to regret it. She makes me want to break every rule I've ever given myself, so long as I break them with her.

That is the scary part—the fact that I'm so comfortable with her. I want to tell her everything; how I feel, what I think, what I've done, who I am...

I'm used to keeping my cards close to my chest, but with her, I feel like I'm about to lower my hand in defeat. My poker face doesn't seem to have the same opacity that it once did. I'm pretty sure she sees right through it, and that is beyond terrifying.

She's sitting on the sofa in my living room wearing one of my shirts.

I can see her through the glass doors as I pour us both some wine and it's perhaps the most intoxicating sight I've ever seen. Her dark, chestnut coloured hair is in a messy bun on the top of her head with a few tendrils framing her face, and my shirt is hanging off one shoulder, giving me the perfect view of her collar bone. It's clear and pronounced. She's quite thin with small pert breasts. Usually, the women I sleep with have slightly bigger breasts, but for some reason, I think hers are perfect.

After dinner, I'd rushed her back here so that I could fuck her. She'd had me hard from the moment I saw her. There's power in that, this ability she has to make me want her with just a smile or a wink or merely the look of her.

It's a power no one has ever had over me before.

Normally by this point, I'd have sent her home, but with Aurora, that feels a lot harder to do than it ever has before.

It was always routine; usual practice.

Screw and say goodbye. No exchange of numbers. No option of more hook ups. However, the idea of saying goodbye to Aurora is not an option, and that makes everything else a preference. I prefer her here with me, so here she stays. Even if it goes against all of the rules I've set, I won't let her go just yet.

There's something about her that compels me to be different with her.

I'm seriously considering talking to her about everything my mother told me today, but I don't know if I can

I'm seriously considering talking to her about everything my mother told me today, but I don't know if I can. Perhaps more importantly, I'm not sure I want to. It's as if it would taint this perfect moment.