The Mistakes of Her Life

Walking slowly to the bus stop, I try to register what my best friend told me. I just can’t believe it. I really can’t. I mean what the hell? She can’t decide something like this in a spur of a moment sort of thing. What the hell?

Seriously, it’s a big decision, a lifelong commitment.

I sigh out loud. She just can’t see the big picture. In two years, she will be regretting the day she agreed to this bullshit. The cloudless sky was admired by many, especially me as I remembered what happened.

~Flashback~

I felt her eyes on my back. She wanted to tell me something but she was scared or worried. I knew that she had a secret that she had kept away from me for a long time. I knew her that well.

“Cecelia,” I said firmly, “just tell me. I’ve had enough. It’s been two months and it’s pissed me off.”

I stared at her, my face serious. She stiffened at the sight of my slight glare. “I don’t know what you're talking about Katalina,” she answered carelessly. She avoided all eye contact, looking around everywhere but me. It was so obious that she was lying, plus she used my full name. She only used it when something was really, really serious.

“Listen CeCe if you don’t freaking tell me right now I’ll—“

She didn’t let me finish my threat as she interrupted me in a panic, “Alright, I’ll tell you. But please don’t give me a lecture or get angry because I really don’t need it.'

“Fine,” I said with a roll of my eyes. Dazzle me with your secret.

She took a deep breath and said in a fast voice, “I’m-getting-deranged.” Well, that was what I heard.

“What the-- Did u just say that you're getting deranged?” I questioned with a slight smile. “Please CeCe you are already deranged."

“No,” she said slowly, reluctantly. “I said, I’m getting… engaged.”

That was when my heart stopped and the world stopped making sense to me.

***

please vote and comment ;D new story ,

what do you think? good idea?

lPeace , Love & Chocalate

xox Noor