Chapter 27

The golden gleam of the setting sun shone onto your face as the beautiful shades of reddish orange and bright yellow mixed into and swallowed up the blue of the sky, leaving you staring at it in awe, mesmerized by the sight you couldn't help but take in, realizing just how enjoyable this moment would be if you weren't on the run. But then again, you really wouldn't even be here right now to experience this if you weren't.

The doll's eyes drifted upon you, examining your calm composure as you turned your head back to the road. He absolutely hated to admit it, but he was starting to find your presence tolerable. It was almost enjoyable having you in his company, though he wondered whether the feeling was mutual, sometimes hating the idea of it, much rather preferring to be feared by you than liked.

The day seemed to drag on longer than you would've liked it to, and the feeling of evening already setting in as the sky grew darker outside brought upon the feeling of relief to wash over you, seeing that the end of day was close. Your eyes moved their gaze away from the road for awhile, landing on the charger you had bought a few hours ago from a conviniance store that Chucky forced you to stop at as soon as he spotted it. You had it laying in your lap and couldn't wait to use it when you finally found a motel to stay in for the night, the thought of laying in a comfortable bed of a nice room was the only thing motivating you to keep driving.

The doll pressed his fingers onto the fabric of his seat, feeling the texture of the surface as he boredly looked down, trying to think of anything he could've possibly done to make this situation a little more endurable than it had to be.

"Do you think he's alright...?" You questioned out of nowhere, interrupting him while he was lost in thought.

Your eyes frantically moved, torn in between looking at him to see his reaction to the question you had just flung at him randomly and staying focused on the road to prevent you from seeing said reaction, knowing that the expression held on his face at the current moment would drive anxiety right into you just by looking at it.

You didn't know why you felt the need to ask him that. The question seemed to just slip out unintentionally. Maybe it was due to the fact that you were subconsciously thinking about it all day. After all, it was at the back of your mind constantly, even when you were unaware of it, silently killing you with the disturbance that it caused.

Your desire to turn and face the doll faded, already being able to see his cold narrowed eyes and completely infuriated expression fixed onto you in a manner that unsettled you to the bone from your peripheral vision. It gave you the impression that he knew exactly who you were talking about - Andy.

Chills ran down your spine, and the bumpy feel of the ride due to the poor road conditions didn't seem to make the situation any more pleasing.

The doll sounded a scoff after moments of intimidating silence.

"I fuckin' hope not." He finally answered, his voice laced with resentment and bitterness.

You sighed slightly, regret and guilt eating away at your mind unbearably.

"Oh please, are ya seriously getting all soft for a guy who nearly fuckin' killed ya!?" The doll snapped, his volume rising as his tone hinted disbelief and somewhat disappointment seeing the remorse on your face.

The sinking feeling in your stomach only grew, distracting you with the agitation and worrisome thoughts that accompanied it. Your hands struggled to stay grasped upon the steering wheel, your palms feeling slippery and wet with sweat as your neck and back heated up uncomfortably.

"hey." Chucky called out, snapping you out of your fearful stage. He chose a calmer approach this time - his tone of voice softer than it was previously, which for some reason, managed to calm your nerves down slightly as you turned your head to look over to him, wanting to hear what he was about to say next.