Meeting Shiina Hiyori

Slowly I opened the door with my right hand, little by little the shelves full of books came into view.

After I entered the room full of books, I looked at the reception desk, where there was a person reading a book. With her small hands, she turned the pages of the book gracefully. If it’s in an anthology, it’s like a painting drawn by a famous painter, Very Beautiful, that’s what the figure depicts.

That person was called Shiina Hiyori, who was a member of the 2nd year C class.

The reason she was here, was because today was the day she was in charge or guarding the school library.

Hiyori who noticed my presence, smiling while waving her left hand gently, while her right hand holds the book she is reading.

I responded by nodding slowly. Then Hiyori gave a code by pointing at the table that has no one, which was located at the back near the glass.

I often use that desk to read books in the library and don’t know why, the table is always empty.

When I asked Hiyori, the answer she gave took me quite by surprise. ”That place will always belong to Ayanokouji-kun.” With a smile she said that without hesitation.

I then headed towards the table.

After I sat down, Hiyori then also came to my place. We pause in order not to attract people’s attention.

Hiyori is sitting right in front of me.

"Sorry for bothering you." How many times have I said this to Hiyori, even though she said there's no need to apologize, somehow I feel like I have to say it every time I come here.

"It's okay, I'd be happy if Ayanokouji-kun came here instead. By the way, has Ayanokouji-kun read it yet?"

Hiyori has several collections of books that you will never find in this school library.

Hiyori got it by buying books from outside the school, that's why I sometimes borrow some books from her.

"Yes, I've read them all." I then put the bag full of books on the table.

The reason I came here was to return the book I had borrowed from Hiyori, this place was perfect, considering that not so many students came to the library after school.

After that, Hiyori picked it up and examined it.

"Is there something wrong?"

When I asked Hiyori if I missed something, she answered right away by looking my way.

Hiyori shook his head. "No, I thought Ayanokoji-kun was lying when you said you had read them all, so I wanted to see if you haven't finished reading or not, but it looks like Ayanokoji-kun isn't lying."

Then Hiyori put the tip of her index finger to her chin.

"Hmm, Ayanokouji-kun, what's your reading speed? Even though it's only been 2 days since I borrowed it, plus the book is thick and not just one."

I haven't been busy lately, that's why after school I always spend time reading books.

If asked how fast I read, I don't know either.

"I don't know, I never noticed."

When reading a book, time seems to move quickly like flowing water, without realizing it, time will run out by itself.

Especially if the book you are reading is an interesting book.

"That's right. Then has Ayanokouji-kun ever read a book without paying attention to the clock, and when he realized suddenly the sun had started to rise?"

Because the book I read was quite interesting, I unconsciously read it until late at night and not even 1 pm.

"Never, has Hiyori ever experienced it?"

“If I'm not mistaken, when I was in middle school, I didn't sleep all night to read a book, the next morning I fell asleep in class and was finally scolded by the teacher who was teaching. , that's quite embarrassing, hahaha."

Saying that, Hiyori stroked her long hair, and chuckled.

I wonder if she still doing the same thing now?

"But reading books is really fun, even lately I've been eating sweet foods a lot."

"Fuhhh." Hiyori sighed.

(Note: Glucose is a form of sugar that can be converted into the main energy needed by body cells, including the brain. The brain, which consists of neuronal nerve cells, is the one that consumes the most energy compared to other organs in the body. At least the brain uses half of the sugar energy in the body. )

isn't Hiyori afraid of gaining weight? I wanted to ask like that, but it's a rude question to ask a woman.

"Come to think of it, don't we meet often like this? Isn't Ayanokouji-kun suspicious of Horikita-san? Or your classmate?"

The beginning of why we often met and became reading buddies was during the first year, where I met Hiyori at the library.

Previously also when my grub 'Ayanokoji Grub was monitored by Ryuen to find out who 'X' was there Hiyori was also there.'

But I didn't think our relationship would turn out like this.

"Why is that?" Also why is there Horikita? I wanted to say that, but I'll hear Hiyori's explanation first.

"It's because we're in different classes right? Maybe other students are like this too, but because Ayanokouji-kun is quite quiet and if he gets caught being friends with students from other classes, isn't it possible, if Ayanokouji-kun is suspected of being a spy from the class? other?"

Hiyori had a point, and it might have happened, just like Yamauchi became an A-class spy to get me out.

On the other hand, Horikita probably wouldn't believe me if I had a friend from another class, especially considering she's a female student.

"Such a possibility, what about Hiyori herself?"

"Me? Hmmm. I don't think Ryuen-san and Ibuki-san would think so, whereas Ishizaki-kun and Yamada-kun seem to be happy to ally themselves, ahaha. But Kanade-kun seems likely..."

Looking more excited after a few seconds of silence, Hiyori continued.

"Don't we even look like in the story 'Romeo & Juliet'? Because we are of different classes and our classes are also enemies plus we also often meet secretly like this. Yes, although this can't be considered a secret anyway."
Hiyori seemed enthusiastic about explaining it.

I've read it. 'Romeo & Juliet' tells the story of a young couple who fall in love, but their families are against each other.

Do we look like that?

"I'm sure Horikita will think of it like the wind just passing by."

But if Kei found out about this, she probably be mad at me. If that really happened I would have to come up with a logical reason later.

"Hahaha, Ryuen-san would definitely think so too." With a laugh Hiyori said that.