"Autumn, chill, let me explain." Okay, breathe in, breathe out. I'm fine. I looked at him for the first time since we got here, he seemed calm. WHY?

"Okay Autumn what I'm about to tell you might seem crazy but just listen," I nodded my head, "Go on." I said.

"Soul projection," Soul what? I was about to say before Terri put his hand up again to silence me. I gave him an annoyed look, he rolled his eyes in response, typical Terri.

"You, me, everyone you've ever met in your dreams can project their souls," I let it all in, what does this mean? "Autumn, you're psychic." I stood up, "What the hell? No I am not! I'm just a regular person with an overactive imagination! You sir," I pointed at him, "Are just a guy in my dreams! I must be dreaming right now! Yeah, that's it." I reasoned with myself. I'm just dreaming, and then I'll wake up.

"No Autumn this is not a dream this is reality," He said seriously. "You are psychic and you can project your soul just like Lena, Stacey, and Damon, everyone you've ever met in your dreams." My eyes widened. Tears sprung to my eyes, and I don't know why. I swallowed the lump in my throat. I told myself to grow some lady balls and began to ask questions.

"So, why didn't I start having these dreams when I was younger? Cause it didn't start for me until I was thirteen." Terri nodded.

"Honestly Autumn, the only thing I know about this is that you and I," he gestured between me and him, "Are psychic and that we are being used," He began to whisper. Used for what? He looked around, "You see the government and the CIA are doing this, this project."          

"What government project?" I asked, "Dude shut up!" he whispered. I shut my mouth as he began talking again.

"The CIA did this experiment thingy in 1920 something called remote viewing," he paused, "Basically they would take a psychic and a CIA agent. The CIA agent would be, uh, in like France or something and he would take a picture of a building and the psychic would be somewhere else in a room and he would have to draw the building the CIA agent took a picture of." Okay I'm now more confused than ever... Terri noticed my expression and sighed.

"Basically, the psychic could project their soul to any place," Okay that makes sense.

"But what does that have to deal with me and you?" I asked.

"They're training us." What the hell? We aren't freaking guinea pigs!

"How do you know all this?" I asked.

"Remember Kale? You know how we celebrated his nineteenth birthday in our dreams?" I nodded. Kale was one of my friends from my 'dreams' and as soon as we celebrated his birthday, he vanished.  

            "Well on his nineteenth birthday he told me that he wouldn't be coming back," he took a breath, "I went to visit him a month later and he didn't answer when I knocked on his door so I used the key under the mat and," he looked like he was going to cry. What happened to Kale?

            "There were files and papers all over the place. Then I found a drawing that he drew, it was a room in a hospital, the intensive care unit Kale was on the bed, strapped down, and there was this thing, this machine, hooked into his eyes, like a pair of goggles. Then there was this computer attached to it and a guy was in front of it typing."

            "That's messed up..." I said quietly, looking down.

            "No crap, now let me finish the story," Terri continued, "Then attached to the drawing was a note written by Kale. It said that they would take psychics on their nineteenth birthdays so that they could turn them into weapons." I gave Terri another confused look.

            "They were trying to get Kale to soul project for them, like project himself so he can steal U.S. secrets, destroy enemies, crap like that," He explained.

            "And he refused so they made him. That guy that was typing in the picture was reprogramming him, and controlling his soul, like a freaking video game." My hand went up to my mouth, oh my, gosh. Terri looked up, his eyes widened he got up immediately and grabbed my hand.

            "We need to leave." He said.

            "What are you doing?" I yelled when we got outside Starbucks, he opened the passenger door and pushed me in. What the fuck? Terri got in the driver's seat and began driving, speeding down the street and towards his house.

            "What the hell Terri?" I yelled he turned to me, "There was a guy staring at us for a long time, and I recognized him."

            "What do you mean?" I asked fearfully.

            "I mean that he's been following me for the past week." Then a question popped into my head, "Terri, how old are you?"

            "Nineteen."

 Author's Note:

What did you think? Oh, and please PLEASE pay attention to EVERYTHING Terri is saying because this is an IMPORTANT CHAPTER and if you don't pay attention to THIS CHAPTER you won't understand ANYTHING in the NEXT ones. Thanks for reading, voting, and commenting! I LOVE YOU!

~Jennifer