Chapter .o1.

Chapter One: The Dreams and the Familiar Sights that Go With it.

            I woke up with a smile on my face and stretched, I had the most amazing dream. Damon and I were walking together hand in hand out of Terri's party, but then again we were both piss drunk, I shrugged. Of course none of these people I've seen in my dreams are actually real, I mean I'd like to think they are but I hardly doubt I would ever be with a hot guy named Damon, or have rich friends like Terri. But that's why I love dreaming.

            It's like I'm living another life. Every touch, smell, taste, it feels so real. I could've sworn I felt the heat radiating off of Damon's hand. Not to mention whenever I drive down LA it always feels like I've been there before, except in my dreams the streets have different names. Sometimes I wish I could just close my eyes and dream forever. I closed my eyes and fantasized about Damon and I. My hand running through his pitch black hair, his steel gray eyes looking into my brown ones, his filled with so many emotions that it would warm the very tips of my soul. And my small frame against his large muscular one. I sighed in pure bliss until a loud knock erupted in the back of my door; my eyes snapped open.

            "Yes?" I yelled loudly. "Autumn, can I come in?" My mom's soft voice asked I walked up to the door and opened it letting her short plump figure into my room; she smiled and pushed a piece of light brown hair in the back of her ear. "Yes Mom?" I asked plopping back onto my messy bed. She took a seat next to me.

            "Hon, I'm going to be leaving for a business trip to New York," I nodded my head it wasn't weird that she was going on a business trip; I mean she is a well-known web designer. But where's the catch? "Well I'm going to be gone for about six months." My jaw practically fell off and hit the floor with a thud. What the hell? Six months? That's half a year without her! She's going to miss my high school graduation, everything! I mean I'm a big girl, I can take care of myself but, she promised she'd be there for my graduation.

"Mom, when are you leaving? You're going to miss my high school graduation-" She raised a hand to silence my rambling. "I'm leaving really soon actually, you'll be staying with a close friend of mine, her name is Molly, she has a son around your age I think." I squinted and raised a brow, "How soon is soon?" I questioned. "Tomorrow." Okay that's just way too soon and maybe just a bit cliché. Wait staying with who?

            "Wait. What? Mom, I'm old enough to stay home alone, I'm eighteen!" I protested, she looked at me sternly, "Sweet pea don't you remember the last time I left you alone for two weeks? The first day I left you threw a party-" I interrupted her, "And the house caught fire I know, I know. But that was one time!" It was silent for a little bit until we began to laugh and I nodded my head profusely.

            "Okay," I said chuckling lightly, "Maybe I should stay with Marie, Martha, whatever her name is." "Molly." She corrected. I shrugged. "Mom are you really going to miss my graduation? Am I going to miss my own graduation?" Realization dawned on me. What if this Martha chick lived in, like, Seattle or something? She shook her head, "Not for the world Hon, and don't worry Molly lives in LA so you can still go to school." I nodded my head, okay so we lived in the same part of Cali, that's good. I mean yeah my mom and I live alone in a large sized house but we're not that rich.

            "Wait- If you're leaving tomorrow, when do I leave?" She rose and tousled my dirty blonde hair, "Today." Is it me or is this just getting way too cliché? "But what time?" I yelled as she exited my room, "Five!" I sighed and looked at the clock, 9:00AM.

            "Shit," I muttered getting out of bed and heading over to my walk-in closet. I threw open the double doors and grabbed my two giant Coach suitcases and laid them on my bed and zipped them open. "I highly doubt this will fit six months of clothes." I muttered to myself. I sighed and ran back into my closet grabbing everything in sight and throwing it into my suitcases.