Chapter Two

Scott walked out of the conference room, loosening his black tie and unbuttoning his top button of his white dress shirt.

Casper trailed after him, holding the clipboard close to his chest.

"Scott, are you okay?" He asked.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine. Thanks Casper." They stepped into the elevator.

"Do you want me to get your coffee?"

"You would be a dear."

"I'll be back in about 15 minutes, Scott." Casper smiled, Scott stepped out of the elevator when it got to the 7th floor.

Scott unlocked the door to his office again and threw his jacket onto the nearby white couch. He sat down on his swivel chair and turned his phone on.

When his phone finally turned on, he noticed the missed calls.

Sam.

He started panicking and immediately phoning her back. After she didn't pick up for the fourth time, he was really panicking. All the worst scenarios running through his mind. He grabbed his phone again and phoned Vic.

"Hey Vic. Is Sam there with you?" He asked when she picked up.

"No, she isn't Scott. I'm sorry. Did something happen?"

"Yes, she called me four times but my phone was turned off because I was in a meeting."

"Where was she heading?"

"Yours.."

"Well, she isn't here, I'm sorry."

"Don't apologize. It's not your fault. I'll call Alex."

"Good luck, Scottie."

He hung up and dialed Alex's number.

"Alex, be a babe and check all the local hospitals to see if Sam is in any of them?"

"What happened Scott?"

"I don't know, she called me but I was in a meeting and now she isn't picking up. Allie, help me."

Scott was on the verge of tears as he was talking to Alex over the phone. Alex worked for the police and usually did jobs like that.

"Of course, call you when I find anything." He hung up.

Scott huffed and tears spilled from his blue eyes. He leaned back in the chair and put his hands over his face.

"Scott, I've got your coffee." Casper appeared at the door. "Are you okay? What happened?"

He placed the Starbucks coffee cup on Scott's desk and took a seat in the chair in front of his desk.

Scott explained the whole story from the beginning. Tears flowing down his defined cheeks and staining some papers on the desk.

Casper handed Scott a packet of tissues and tried his best to comfort him.

Now, Scott was waiting for Alex to call him with hopefully good news. But however, it turned out the other way. He listened to Alex explain the situation to him and he was not ready for the new he had received.