Chapter Three

The Servants' Hall, Downton Abbey

Gwen walked into the servants' hall, trying to cram her hair under her cap. She was late for breakfast. "Sorry Mr Carson," she muttered as she took her place next to Anna. "Make sure it doesn't happen again," scolded Mr Carson. The staff chattered rather sleepily, buttering toast or pouring tea. Thomas and O'Brien plotting, Mr Carson and Mrs Hughes discussing the tasks for the day ahead and William and Daisy talking about their cottage most probably.

A train to Downton

James looked out of the window, becoming increasingly bored with the journey. He shuffled slightly to get comfortable which only earnt him a glare from the farmer sat next to him. He returned to looking out of the window again.

Mary's bedroom, Downton Abbey

Mary looked moodily into the mirror when she was interrupted by a knock on the door. "Come in!" Edith and Sybil walked in, all ready for dinner. "Are you ready?" Edith asked. "To meet this beloved Michael of yours? Nearly. Anna just needs to bring something for me," said Mary. The two sisters took this as their cue to leave. As soon as they'd left, Mary burst into tears. Anna walked in and was shocked to see her cry. "M'lady?" she asked, "whatever's the matter?" She put her hand on Mary's shoulder. This seemed to calm Mary down slightly. "Oh Anna.... Sybil's married and even Edith is going to get married. Am I to be the maiden aunt? The one who arranges the presents for the other relations?" Mary moaned. "Don't you worry m'lady, I'm sure you'll find the right man," said Anna, who found herself with tears in her eyes, "you'll be late for dinner." Mary stood up and wiped her tears. "Thank you Anna."

Anna and Gwen's room, Downton Abbey

Anna sat on the end of her bed, sobbing her heart out. She heard someone come into the room, but she didn't care, let them see her like this. "Oh Anna what's wrong?" said a voice. It was Gwen. She immediately rushed to Anna's side and put her arm around her heaving shoulders. "Mr Bates..." choked out Anna. "Oh Anna..." sighed Gwen.

I know this is quite a boring chapter, but I just want all the characters to be focused on, and not have 5 pages about a certain storyline. Also (if you got excited I'm sorry) the James who we've met on the train, is not our James, he's not Jimmy Kent. I hope you enjoyed it!

I'm sorry it's not Jimmy,

Ivy Xxx

Gwen Dawson ~ Rose Leslie
Mr Carson ~ Jim Carter
Anna Smith ~ Joanne Froggatt
Thomas Barrow ~ Rob James Collier
Sarah O'Brien ~ Siobhan Finneran
Mrs Hughes ~ Phyllis Logan
William Mason ~ Thomas Howes
Daisy Mason ~ Sophie McShera
Mary Crawley ~ Michelle Dockery
Edith Crawley ~ Laura Carmichael
Sybil Branson ~ Jessica Brown Findlay