01

Donghyuck walks into the school building with his earphones on blast. He was feeling sad and didn't like the feeling that sat in the pit of his stomach. Donghyuck sighed as he approached his locker. He opened it and leaves his bag inside. His last classes didn't require its use.

"Donghyuck!" A voice calls out. Donghyuck once again sighs. How many times does he have to push them away? "Hi." He hears the person giggle as they hug him from behind. "Hi, Jaemin." Donghyuck says. He closes his locker and turns around. He pushes Jaemin back, resulting in the latter to pout.

"Did you guys need something?" Donghyuck asks boredly. He didn't mean to sound like this at all, he just wanted them to take the hint. The group feels hurt by this, but that's why they're here. To make sure Donghyuck talks to them. "Yes we do. Get him Jeno." Renjun states with a smile.

Donghyuck furrows his eyebrows in confusion. That is until Jeno pulls him and carries him onto his shoulders. Donghyuck yelped at the sudden action. "What the hell is this for?" Donghyuck asks as he tries to get off of Jeno. Donghyuck was ignored until they walked into an empty classroom.

Jeno sits him down on a desk and smiles in victory. "You're avoiding us and we don't like it." Renjun says. Donghyuck fights the urge to roll his eyes. They could've just told him that without the mock kidnapping. "Every time we try to hang out with you, you always find excuses not to go." Renjun says.

Donghyuck stares at him blankly. "Because I'm busy." Donghyuck lies. "With what? We're your only friends." Jeno says. Donghyuck scoffs. "I have friends. The five of you are just my favorite ones." Donghyuck shrugs. "Plus Mark. He's just at a sports meeting." Chenle says.

Donghyuck hums and nods his head. Right, he took an academic leave from the sports team to avoid seeing Mark all the time. "If there's a sports meeting, why is Jeno here?" Donghyuck asks. Jeno smiles at that. "I told them I was going to convince you to come back." Jeno states.

"I told Coach that I was gonna focus on school." Donghyuck sighs again. "We all know you have perfect grades, Hyuck. But he let you go because he couldn't force you to stay. But we can talk about this another time. Right now, we want to know why you're avoiding us." Jeno crosses his arms.

Donghyuck takes a deep breath in. "Look, I'm not avoiding you. I'm just focusing on me." Donghyuck firmly states. "I don't believe that. Because if you were, you would've told us that and we'd respect your decision. Instead, you started distancing yourself." Renjun says. The other guys agree.

Donghyuck is starting to get annoyed. Why can't they just leave it alone? "I'm telling you guys the tru-" Donghyuck was interrupted when the door abruptly opens. The group of friends turn around to see Mark and Sungchan at the door.

"There you guys are. I've been looking for you." Mark says with a smile. That smile made Donghyuck's heart flutter, and it made him want to escape. Donghyuck smiles at Sungchan, who in return smiles back. "Hey Hyuck. It's been a while." Sungchan steps closer to the older boy.

"Yeah." Donghyuck nods. He was swinging his feet and looking down on the floor. The last time they talked, Sungchan found him crying in the locker room. Donghyuck ended up telling the younger everything and Sungchan became a very close friend after that.

Sure, he shouldn't have burdened the boy with his problems, but he was feeling so overwhelmed that day. Sungchan being there gave him the comfort he needed and a shoulder to cry on. "I see you're feeling a bit better." Sungchan says softly. Donghyuck nods while blushing a bit.

His group of friends noticed his behavior and took in what Sungchan just said. "Wanna get lunch with me?" Sungchan asks. He knew that if the boy asked, it would make him feel anxious on the person's answer. "S-Sure." Donghyuck stutters. The others were stunned; Donghyuck never stutters.