Chapter 9

Chapter 9:

Evangeline PoV:

Now:

After a very gruelling day she was ready to go home. So much had been put on her in one day. After realising that she couldn't run from the supernatural anymore she decided to actually get to know the people at the lunch table.

They we're all relatively nice. Aside from Allison and Lydia, she actually got along with Stiles a lot. At first she had been a bit creeped out with the way he stared at her through chemistry but after he apologised genuinely they got along amazingly. Stiles's sarcastic remarks never failed to make her laugh. She also realised that Malia seemed to have no social cues whatsoever.

Kira was one of the shyest people she had ever met and whilst that could be annoying sometimes she was adorable. Liam was adorable in his own right. He was like a little puppy, so excited and happy.

Isaac was pretty calm but he immediately became more open when I complimented his scarf. Jackson would have come off snobbish to most but not her. He reminded her of Tyler and Damon. She knew it was a front and she never said anything if he insulted her. She understood it was a mask. She wasn't going to push him at all; she had no right to do that but she would like for him to be comfortable enough to be open with her.

She didn't have much of an opinion on Aidan. He was kind and welcoming and they talked a bit but she didn't have a dislike of him and they didn't click like she did with Stiles. She talked to Scott the least for some reason whenever she tried to start a conversation she would freeze up, she would become shy and nervous.

He was undeniably gorgeous but what tongue-tied her more was the fact that she couldn't get her head round their earlier meeting. She knew that she blamed it on the shock of seeing it was the same guy but she was scared that the next time she accidently touched him those same sparks would occur.

She felt compelled to talk to him yet whenever she tried she couldn't get the words out. She had never been that flustered in her entire life. At this moment in time she didn't understand that even just looking at him got her flustered. She felt her cheeks burn but she hid it from the others.

It had only been half an hour at most, yet as she sat with this group she felt a sense of peace she had never felt before. Sure it was different, there weren't sacrifices and crazy original mothers here but still, when she lived in Mystic falls she was tied to two groups whom she loved equally but they hated each other. Even in the moments of tranquillity they got she could never fully relax. With the Mikaelson's she had to keep anything to do with the Mystic Falls Gang out of her mouth and when she was with the Mystic Falls gang she had to keep the Mikaelson's out her mouth. She was always walking on eggshells and having to think over what she wanted to say before she could say it.

They were always at each other's throats and when they weren't they were turning on each other. She never had a safe space because of Elena and she never had a safe friend she could talk to because they always had some sort of drama with someone else and it's not like she could have gone and made a new friend to tell everything to because it was all supernatural drama.

She never chose a side and she knew that annoyed everyone she never chose the Mystic gang or the Mikaelson's, they couldn't get her to but not from a lack of trying. Oh no they tried almost everyday. Tried to make her pick a side but she couldn't. She didn't understand why their had to be sides.

At that point they had hurt each other equally so why do they feel the need to continue it only ends in more death and pain for everyone

They had become monsters obsessed with killing each other. Celebrating when they successfully kill someone.

Honestly on some level I think that it wasn't just about what they did but about the pain they put her through every day, trying to make her pick and choose.

They required so much of her, yet they never gave anything back. 

Her thoughts were disrupted by a light shove on the shoulder from Lydia and the concerned faces of everyone around her.

"You okay?" Lydia asked which made her unconsciously smile. She actually cared. They cared. It may have only been two words and a couple of concerned faces but it meant a lot to her. She was invisible before, she helped everyone but herself and they never helped her. She did everything for everyone by herself because no one ever cared enough to ask, they all just assumed she was fine. She honestly couldn't remember the last time someone asked if she was okay.

"Yeah." I said ,still slightly zoned out.

" I said ,still slightly zoned out

 "Yeah I'm fine." I spoke seeing as she didn't look that convinced, her expression didn't change after those words. "Lydia I'm fine, promise." I spoke with a slight smile.

Even though she didn't seem the most convinced she dropped it and went back to cheery Lydia talking to Stiles and Allison, which snapped everyone out of looking at me with a concerned face. They all sent me a slight smile and then went back to their conversations.

When I saw I wasn't being watched I let out a little breath, happy that they dropped the subject.

Well that was what I thought, until Scott turned to look at me with the concerned look back on his face making me remember he had super hearing. It kind of shocked me that nobody else seemed to hear but him.

As he looked me in the eyes, chills ran up and down my spine. I could almost tell what he was thinking, like he was asking me if I was okay. I felt compelled to give him a reassuring smile.

I could tell it wasn't that convincing when the concerned look only deepened instead of lifting

It seemed Scott was about to talk to me when the bell rang. I quickly got up and made my way to my next class. As I looked back I saw Scott with the expression of a kicked puppy. An expression that broke my heart the minute I looked at it. I don't know why but seeing look so sad and confused hurt me. I quickly turned my head away, not being able to look at the expression for one more second.

I walked down the hall and as I walked my only thought was

'Why was I so hurt.'

Third PoV:

Evangeline would find out soon enough why she cared so deeply about Scott Mcall but really the question isn't why. The real question is how will she cope when she finds out?

(A/N: Hey guys!!! Do you think I should keep the gifs?)