I Don't Think We're In Kansas Anymore Toto... (Chapter 2)

Start from the beginning

Marle looks from Tifa to me, I smile and wave nervously at the elder lady. "Ah, well then I'd be happy to help a little thing like yourself miss..." "(Y/n) (L/n), it's very nice to meet you miss Marle and thank you for letting me stay here on such short notice." I say, bowing my head a bit, thankful that this sweet lady would be letting me stay. "If there's anything I need to do for payment I can help around the apartments if that's alright." Marle thinks for a bit and says, "There's only one thing that I need done but I don't want you to waste your youthful energy on this old rundown place" I shake my head fast, not wanting to just stay here for free like a bum. "Nonsense miss, I'd be glad to do anything in return for what you've already done for me." Marle chuckles a bit before speaking.

"Alright if you insist. The workers I hired to fix the roof called in saying they couldn't come in tomorrow because one of their workers twisted his leg, if you're up to filling in their spot I can't stop you and that will be all the payment you need for your stay here at Stargazer Heights." I look up at the roof, seeing it a little shaken up and tiles broken off or missing.

Making my decision, I nod and say, "You can count on me Marle!"

She smiles and nods at me, "I can't stop the enthusiasm radiating from you young one, now I think you should get some rest, Tifa will take you to your room. And once you wake up, you can get started on the roof, just don't hurt yourself while you're up there." I give Marle a thumbs up and follow Tifa up the stairs to my room. We come to the first room and Tifa stops in front of it. "This one's mine, Room 201. So if you need anything, just come here and knock on my door" she then leads me to the second room. "This one is my friends, Room 202. He'll be here later tonight, I'll introduce you two tomorrow morning."

Finally, Tifa leads me to the third and last room. "And this one is yours, Room 203. It's not much but it has the necessities." I open the door and look around seeing the room has a single bed, a desk, a sink, and a bathroom. I turn to face Tifa, "Thank you so much Tifa, I don't know where I'd be without you, probably in some allyway all alone" She smiles at me and hugs me saying, "You're welcome (Y/n), you seem like a nice person and I'd be glad to help you anytime you need it. I need to head back to the bar, my friend and the rest of the team will be back and Marlene will want to wait outside for her dad. I'll see you in the morning!" Tifa then leaves after waving to me, heading back to Seventh Heaven. I close the door and head to the bed, exhausted from what has happened today. 'So I bought Final Fantasy VII, got sucked into the game and am now living here, what a wild day. Weird that this could even happen to me when this stuff could sound like it should belong in a lonely and sad persons fanfics' Are my last thoughts as I drift off to sleep, thinking of what might happen tomorrow....

?????'s P.O.V
As I get off the train, I hear Barret yell victoriously to the others, I take no part in it but I observe them from a few feet away. After a while they start heading to sector 7 but Barret turns to me and says, "See you soon. At Seventh Heaven? You know, where Tifa works. Don't keep her waiting. She'll worry." He starts heading to the said place and I follow behind them. I just want to get my money and rest up, these people are giving me a headache just by being near them.

As I was on my way walking towards sector 7, I could hear people talking about the explosion that happened up top or about there lives 'How annoying' I then come across this man tearing down an avalanche poster Barret probably put up a while. "...oddamn eco-warriors with their dumbass posters. I tear 'em down and they're back up inside of an hour. Like I've got nothing better to do..."

'With how you sound, you probably don't have anything to do in your life' I think to myself, getting annoyed by everyone right now. All I wanted was to get my money and leave. The guy then turns his head up, "I mean, look at all that steelwork... You're trying to tell me that's not progress?" I look up as well to see the plate above us; which was made for the middle and upper class people, all those pipes and construction work just for them while we're down here with all these monst-