chapter four.

Ally's pov

I wake up blinking my vision into focus groaning as the light from a massive floor to ceiling window bathes the bed in an unbearably warm stream of sunlight. My head is pounding slightly, the result of me drinking more drinks than I had promised myself.

 I throw my arm over my face to block it out and look to my left. Harry is laying next to me, mouth open, drooling slightly onto his pillow and softly snoring. He is lucky that he's so gorgeous otherwise that would not be cute in the slightest.

A red flashing catches my attention on his bedside table and I squint slightly so that I can read the time. Almost 11am. Great, I have three hours to get home, out again and to my audition. I slowly move the arm that Harry has draped over my stomach to the side and get up from the bed. I grab my bra and my clothes and realise my underwear is nowhere to be found, I huff slightly and resign myself to going commando on the underground before moving through his house cautiously, careful not to be too loud.

As I move towards the door, I catch sight of my underwear on the floor in his kitchen and my mind flashes back to a memory from last night of me sitting on his counter-top with his head between my thighs.

I decide to leave them behind instead of staying longer and risking him waking up. Closing the front door gently i move down the hall and get in the lift of his building, pulling up maps to try and work out how to get home.

I make it home 45 minutes later and jump in the shower. Whilst I'm there I begin to warm my voice up ready for my audition. I walk back through to my room, jumping in fear as my phone starts ringing. I answer it quickly and put it on speaker as I start to get dressed.

'Ally!!' Val's voice comes through the phone enthusiastically.

'What's up? I have to leave the house in a minute to get to the audition' I warn her, sensing she has a long story and a lot of questions.

'You can take me on the train with you' she responds dismissively. 'Now spill'

'Spill what val?' I reply dumbly whilst slipping my feet into my trainers.

I can feel her rolling her eyes through the phone as she responds. 'Harry, duh'

I lock my door behind and head towards the train station. 'What about him?' I say innocently.

'Oh babe, i know you went home with him and i need the usual run-down, don't act like you don't want to tell'

She's right of course, I do want to tell but I also want him again which is out of the ordinary for me and is throwing me off. Deciding I've teased her enough i begin to recount what happened.

'...he was so handsy in the lift and then we got into his and he pushed me up against the wall, his hand around my throat, fingers up my skirt...on the kitchen counter...and then in his bed...poured me a drink...in the shower...ripped off...and again...fell asleep...snuck out'

'Sounds like you had a wild night' she comments and I glance up from my seat, the man next to me glaring at me disgusted, clearly having overheard my conversation. It's not my fault I got a good dick and he didn't. I smirk at him and wave slightly before focusing back on val.

'So your night? Train girl?' I asked her, genuinely interested at how it went.

Her voice instantly grows excited as she details her night and explains how she's going on another date with her still and she can't wait for me to meet her.

'This is the Piccadilly line to Uxbridge, stopping at Knightsbridge, Hyde Park Corner, Green Park, Piccadilly Circus, Leicester Square, Covent Garden and Holborn. Next stop, Holborn.' The voice comes over the tannoy.

I grab my bag and move towards the door saying my goodbyes to Val as she wishes me good luck.

Five minutes later and I'm walking up the steps to the arts school where the auditions for the show are being held. If I get through, I can't wait to get to practice in the west end. I hand my details to the lady at the front desk and am directed to sit outside a door alongside two other people. I begin to tap my foot on the floor nervously and run over the words to the song in my head even though I could sing the song backwards by this point. 

They had let us pick any song, with the production focused part of the audition process being running scenes. I chose 'Too good at goodbyes' by Sam Smith. It was a strong song that would show off my vocals but was also a song that I was able to throw emotion behind, Sam Smith's songs was the soundtrack to my break-up but also the core of my shower concerts every morning. They have been one of my favourite artists for years and it felt fitting to sing them at what could be one of the biggest auditions I've ever done.

5 minutes later and my name is called. I head into the room, shaking everybody's hand before singing the song. As I finish their faces betray nothing, they smile gently and give well-dones as they write down notes and then dismiss me. My hands are shaking as I head out of the room but I'm feeling confident and happy with my performance. I decide to run to the gym and then catch a workout before I head out to dinner with Val and Jackson.

an// I do want to put smut in this book but I'm scared to write it in case it's awful so I'm gonna wait until we get further in until I give it a go. The ... in her phone call is meant to be skips because it felt better to just snippet what happened xx

The song at the top is the closest i could find of a cover how I imagine her to sound. if i can think of someone to compare it i'll mention it later on. 

oh also one more thing, as I was recapping I realised I named her ex and her best friend really similar names but her ex wont be mentioned much so I'm going to leave it as is. But Jason is the ex and Jackson is the bestie x